mactech

help. Geo Webcam turns itself off!!

My skype has use port 38334 in the box for port to use. Restarted it to see if that port was dynamically being changed, but it isn't.

Must not specify the same port for every machine? (EDIT) Yep, just check another system with Skype on it. It is using port 2485.

Anyway I don't know what it hanging up my router, but it is a PITA.

bad router ..? My Linksys Router, I have to set a designated IP address to my PC as the DHCP wont work properly, knocks off and on here and there .. since ive designated an IP its been working non stop for almost a year ..

The thing has been working perfectly though. Then all the sudden it quit working. I hate that. I had a heck of a time with that router before it went out. But I tested it like crazy before I put it out there after updating the firmware which solved my problems.

Maybe I am going to have to change the Webcam server port to 81. I don't know, but I will figure it out.

Your DHCP works intermittently. That is a weird one. Have you tried updating the firmware. Did you have it set to 0, to update the IP address once per 24 hours?

I did go to update the firmware, but i had the newest one, it was a brand new router. It is one of at least 2 Linksys Routers that had the same problem, i think they just got a bad batch down here at the time - they sell like hotcakes here. I bought it for a client, and bought another, and neither ever worked properly - they ended up with my wireless D-Link. But I still use Linksys and has been good other than those 2. One was a 4 channel, the one i have, the other was an 8 channel, gave that away - both hardwired.

Yes, basically unless i set an IP, doesnt matter if DHCP is left on or off, it drops the connection after a while.. . so a set IP it is ... set DNS, Set Subnet & Gateway, etc.

Also another problem it has is with DDNS, it updates too regularly so I have to use it as Static at DynDns.org ... they almost banned my account because of that ...

hey, tell me what is your problem, besides, skype.

the certer v2 settings are

DVR: open TCP port 5548, 5549 & 5546

Centerv2: open TCP port 5547

do the setting at your windows firewall or other virus protection software

and also at your router

Yeah, those are the setting I have in the DVR software and my router.

No Anti-Virus software.

Windows Firewall is turned off. No firewall other than the router.

The DVR has a slow 384kbps DSL upload connection.

Now with the communication loss I need to track that down before I even worry about the CenterV2 working.

OK, Now I have to answer your question about the skype & webcam I mentioned before.

Skype will use port 80 as a default. If the skype run before webcam server, the webcam server will not ececute properly.

That's why I thing that might be the problem.

I also see that you have some question about the DDNS update too much time.

That's because your public IP address changed. The DDNS will update IP address when user's Public IP address changed.

So, I thing you might check your ISP to ask why your router always get a new IP address so quickly.

That's only my opinion.

I also heard about GeoVIsion New Version 8.0 \, do you guys check that ?

The webcam server seems to be operating OK. Incoming connection work, it is the outgoing connections that don’t. I can log onto the system using VNC, but when I tried to launch IE or to use Skype, no outbound communication is working.

Resetting the router seems to be the only thing that will clear up the problem at the moment. I will disable Skype and anything else I have put on that system since the install to eliminate those things as potential causes and go from there. But it was working before without any problems, that is the weird part.

As far as the Dynamic IP address I haven’t had any issues with that. If I was I would not be able to VNC into the system and the remote viewing would not work.

Thanks for trying to help me trouble shoot though.