sretooh

IP Based Video Recording Software - Recommendations

We are thinking about OEMing D3Data, does anyone have any experiences good or bad that they would be willing to share?

Does anyone have any other products they would recommend over D3 such as Milestone or the Axis Camera Station, etc. and what are the reasons?

All feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don't want to talk bad about D3 Data as their staff are very friendly and always trying to help.... but we used their Enterprise Software for about 6 months and had some major issues.

It was working ok for the first couple of months (aside from various bugs that would pop up every other day), but then we started to lose video. Then there were patches applied to our software, but we still were losing video (sometimes entire days). We then were told to build 1 server for viewing and 1 server for recording. We did. It ran fine for another month, then it lost more video. Finally, after losing video about 50 times and applying what seemed like 3,000 patches, not to mention being left holding the ball when a client called for video--- well, we moved on to something much more robust. What we are using now has been rock solid for 5 months now, and our clients love it.

My suggestion, unless you have a smaller installation with <30 cameras D3 Data is just not stable enough, not to mention the video playback utility (if the video hasn't been lost) is horrible.

Hope this helps.

Thanks everybody for the feedback. I will definitely consider Milestone.

WirelessEye - how long ago did you guys experience these problems w/ D3?

Not sure whats up with D3DATA lately, but there managing partner Chris Hills, just left the company to go form a company called Mosaic Global Solutions, which is now marketinig the same thing with just new SKINS.

And check with D3DATA, but all OEM's are to go through Mosaic.

I found Mosaic's website at www.mosaicgs.com

As stated Chis Hill was a managing partner at D3DATA, left to form Mosaic , just using new skins. So you would have to wonder about the reliability of D3DATA

D3Data is a member here BTW ... havent heard from them in a while though ...

sretooh- We experienced problems for months. We kept applying patches, and then more patches, and after that-- you guessed it... more patches.

We were told that we were running more "guard tours" than any of their other clients and that was causing a problem, so we built a $4,000 "guard tour server" just for that purpose, but no dice. Every lost video was met with a "uhm, sorry" by them.

Shame, it's really good pricing for what it claims to be able to do, and like I said earlier, I don't want to get down on them too hard because I like their friendly staff...but you just can't sell stuff that loses video evidence.

This thread has some valid points. Some customers have fallen into the patch process, due to new feature requests. The patch process is a less tested installation and is provided as a means to get features to the street, as soon as possible. For customers requiring more stability, it is recommended that they stick with major releases and only use the build updates on a test server to verify new features and test stability, based upon the customer's unique installation requirements. Our 30-day trial download offering allows for potential clients to test the product and ensure that it meets their needs, prior to purchasing.

To clarify some misinformation - all new OEM partners are relationships directly with D3Data. We do not utilize any other company or entity for this process.

D3Data remains a reliable, strong player in the market and is recognized as one of the top 10 NVR platforms Worldwide.

Contact Info@D3Data.com with any questions, comments or concerns. Thank you!

D3Data