jagbuilt

strange red green and yellow lines?

One of my cameras started displaying this image tonight. It is a Swann 960H 4 channel DVR system. It has been working fine all winter. The OSD menu will not work either on this camera. Anyone ever seen this, or have any clue what this might be?

(Here is a link to a bigger image if you need it): https://www.flickr.com/photos/109492218@N06/16583491746/

Thanks for your reply,

Sincerely,

All Confused...

2-21-2015-10-28-20-PM-994.jpg.35bcb36f35540f2509de83c0d57b2890.jpg

Well, if those lines had been there from day one, I would say you are using a rear view camera (you know, the ones you use on cars, trucks, etc).

Maybe you turned on an option to display those lines somehow on either the camera or DVR?

No... They just showed up. wierd. Now, the OSD menu wont work on the camera to let me adjust anything. I was going to reset it to factory, but, nothing happens when I press the joystick at the camera... I brought it in and tried it on every other channel after it warmed up all night, and it is the same on all 4 channels...

Thanks for getting back...

Well, if those lines had been there from day one, I would say you are using a rear view camera (you know, the ones you use on cars, trucks, etc).

Maybe you turned on an option to display those lines somehow on either the camera or DVR?

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw them ? wierd

It may be some form of intelligent analasys zoneing

I would take the camera down, bring it in and leave it in the airing cupboard for a week or so as moisture may have got into the OSD controller.

Hi. I have just had the same problem I worked out is was a power problem by running side by side wire the power dies before it can reach the camera. I have powered the camera nearer and it has sorted the problem..

How far would the power feed be in a car 3-4m . I dont think that it the problem. I saw the "exact" image on a Hyundai reversing camera just recently. I would say that you have inadvertently turned something on in the menu. (like others have speculated)

hi jagbuilt,

I encountered the same problem...It was strange because my camera is a standard security camera. It cant be used on a vehicle and it does not have an OSD.

check the voltage at your receiving end of the camera...it must be low. my problem was fixed after giving the necessary voltage(12v).

11079277_10155351434160273_1725505113_n.jpg.71aa6f7fce900b1e0f32ff84a3baa9ba.jpg

11040141_10155351434190273_1393636588_n.jpg.13928c9a345c2a101345e601ff761495.jpg

That's so funny. I never would have thought security cameras would even have the firmware to do this. Sounds like something gets borked. If a local test doesn't fix it, it's the camera for sure.

960H camera does not carry such a graphical OSD, shown as a parking slot/or backing up direction guide. The CoDec(H.264 Compression & Decompression), main chip set is responsible for its graphical overlay. Please be noted the CoDec can also be used for applications, automobile black box(recorder). On the navigator screen, we can see such an OSD when we back up our car into the parking slot. The register setting(firmware) of the Codec must be wrong, not properly customized for DVR application. The input port of the DVR may seem to be set to a rear view camera. You can contact its DVR maker.

THE RESON WHY YOU HAVE THE "BACK UP CAMERA VIEW" (RED YELLOW GREEN) IS BECAUSE YOU POWER SUPPLY IS BAD AND ON ITS WAY OUT "LOW VOLTAGE. POWER SURGES AND SPIKES CAN CREATE THIS ISSUES. YOU CAN ORDER THESE FOR AROUND $10.00 ON AMAZON OR EBAY TYPICAL 12V POWER SUPPLY AND YOU CAMERAS WILL BE MORE CLEAR ALSO..

ON AMAZON,    AC 100-240TO DC12V 3A POWER SUPPLY SWITCHING FOR CCTV CAMERAS, DVR,NVR LED,STRIP5.5 MM X 2.1MM UL LISTED FCC