Sign in to follow this  
MattFlah

Using AHD

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience in using AHD cameras? I'm looking at getting a full AHD system, but will start off using the cameras in my current DVR (budget issues) then later on upgrade the DVR to a proper AHD one.

From what I can tell as the cameras are backwards compatible with 960H and regular analogue there should be no issues using them in the DVR. Does anyone know practically how this will actually work? Is there just a switch on the side of the camera putting it in D1 resolution? Can I easily change the resolution back to 720p when I change the DVR?

Thanks a lot

Get HDCVI. Plenty of low-cost hdcvi tribrids are available in the market that support D1/960H/720P HDCVI on every channel plus 2 IP cameras. Stay away from AHD. You will end up with a system with no cameras for it in the future just like the current situation for HDSDI

Get HDCVI. Plenty of low-cost hdcvi tribrids are available in the market that support D1/960H/720P HDCVI on every channel plus 2 IP cameras. Stay away from AHD. You will end up with a system with no cameras for it in the future just like the current situation for HDSDI

Are you working for Daihua?

There are plenty of HD-SDI, HD-TVI, and HD-AHD systems.

Yes, actually, there are amny supplier offer AHD, SDI systems on the market. With regard to AHD cam modulate to Analog, it's depends on electric circuity board design.

You may check is there OSD cable controller or one CVBS plug output at tail.

Thank you Korean and Chinese manufacturers for polluting the forum. AHD is great in Europe and not going to go anywhere. TVI may have a chance alongside with HDCVI. Stop misleading people!

Apology for being offended any bit. HD CVI is for Daihua. HD-TVI is for Intersil and HikVision, basically open to any suppliers. AHD runs the same track. HD SDI keeps lowering price. We all know how terrible Monopoly could be. Why not let them dog fight for lowered price and better quality? The benefit goes for end users, I believe.

Wow, "misleading" is a heavy word. Actually, pick which solutions or products all depedns on local channel promotion, education, service and intrinsic quality. Even for TVI supplier but offer different qaulity, service, lifespan..

More turth, some turnkey provide has announce some solution for intergrated AHD and TVI. And CVI has already integrated SDI be alliance.

Who knows someday TVI, CVI and AHD able to all in one, same as IPC.