pig

CAT5 interference

Hi,

I have installed a CCTV system with CAT5. At the cameras side I have a CCTV PSU box. When using this unit, I get a lot of interference and the picture flickers rendering it unusable. I then connected a power supply to a 13A socket and then connected this to the camera. The picture is then good, with only a few unnoticeable hum bars. The DVR is approx 50M away. Also, when I operate the cameras from the PSU box and then connect a test monitor to the camera, the picture is also good. Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?

Try and get the dvr and power supply on the same power line also ground the power supply and the dvr. If you find only one camera is causing the problem try instlling a ground loop isolater

Hi attached are some of the pictures as requested. I have tried a ground loop isolator on both ends of the run (not simultaneously) which solved the picture flicker, but some hum bars remain. This problem only occurs when using the CCTV power supply box. When I use a power supply plugged into a 13A socket, the picture is perfectly viewable with only a few unnoticeable hum bars. Could it be an issue with the power supply box?

Regards.

cctv1.thumb.JPG.dd5e11238ce6ec49e6ffc8cab32423e9.JPG

cctv2.jpg.cd3871525054f03c95afbdcb2b137e21.jpg

cctv3.jpg.a81d0f79f7f17152fcbad5c5372a8078.jpg

Hm maybe that's the joys of eBay.. Could you possibly show me an actual balun please?

Thanks very much for your help.