LittleScoobyMaster

Hikvision 4K bullet cam - DS-2CD4A85F-IZ(H)(S)

The 4k looks pretty durn good. No over-compressed fuzziness, which is surprising; they must have some decent CPU power to handle the 4k stream and maintain that much detail. The main problem is the chromatic aberration, but the detail in the grass and figure are quite good.

What's the bit rate for the 4K stream?

12Mbs-14Mbps @ 20fps.

It takes longer to move through menu on that camera comparing to 6.0 Mpixel ones. Also when I enabled motion detection, 25fps, line crossing and face detection, it started to drop frames, I had to lower it to 20-15fps.

Makes sense; the CPU is probably one of the more expensive pieces. It sounds like it struggles with all the features enabled, but most of us would run it at lower frame rates.

At 14Mbps, that's 6.3GB/hour, 150GB/day for full time recording. Fortunately, drive are getting bigger and cheaper!

It's hard to tell if the fuzziness around the person's outline is from compression or if the lens just doesn't have the resolution for that many MP. It looks like a lens resolution artifact to me, but it's not present on other objects.

I have the MSRP price for 4A85F-IZS model - $1427

Box one - $1147

If the Hik and the Ambarella S2 are both using the same innards (eg Sony 1/1.7") then I googled and found http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.242.Udfbpy&id=43556727991&ns=1&abbucket=0#detail ca. $740 excluding the lens and freight... So I'm starting to think that the price quoted by you KOB is looking likely!

so, the only way to record the 4k streams for now is the use the iVMS software and there's no NVR that works with the 4k bullet cam?