kandcorp

DVR's and Projectors

What kind of details do you want. I just want to know if anyone has had any experience with a DVR running through an LCD projector for the video output. That's it...

No. But you can do it if yo have a composite output from the DVR to plug into the projector.

The bulbs burn out quickly on projectors though.

Or you can try a DLP rear projection HDTV with VGA input, which is what I am using right now.

Might I suggest the Panasonic AE900U.

Hook ups galore no problems there it will also do 1920x1080 or 1080p HDTV. If you have megapixel IP cams it might come in handy.

What projector for instance? What is the output of the DVR, my experience is more PC than CCTV but there are many projectors; a lot do VGA, XGA, etc Then some include composite, S-Video and component. I am looking at a InFocus on my desk that does everything I listed. Does that help? If I had a DVR I'd try t but I don't have one at the moment.

It has the connections. VGA, Component, etc.

Looks like a good unit per a review I just read.

How large a picture you want?

Might I suggest the Panasonic AE900U.

Hook ups galore no problems there it will also do 1920x1080 or 1080p HDTV. If you have megapixel IP cams it might come in handy.

The panasonic line is actually what I was reading about earlier. They are priced pretty well, and do have all the right input connections. You have used this model CollinR?

How large a picture you want?

As I said before not really looking for specifics as of yet, just need hands on experiences with DVR/Projector setups.

The panasonic line is actually what I was reading about earlier. They are priced pretty well, and do have all the right input connections. You have used this model CollinR?

Yeah it and the 700u are both great products, do you have COMPLETE lighting control in the room? This thing has plenty of light output but if there is a E or W window behind the screen that you don't have covered it will effect the result.

The lighting will be very controlled. It will basically be in a home theater room; very dim with no windows. So I am guessing it will look bright enough.

I have a Panasonic xvga projector whic we use with our demo unit to train the customer or give the sales pitch. works well when you have to show the whole group I think the comment about bulb life is very important 200-300 dollars for a consumable item is a little rough i think the bulb mfg are working with the inkjet mfgs