russ

School Guard Pro - Digital Surveillance System

Morning Everyone,

Has anyone seen or had any experience with a PC based system called the "School Guard Pro" by I.B.T. Video Systems, Inc.? The company is based out of Indiana and seems to be looking to target school districts with this product version. A description of the unit/configuration is at www.ibtvideosystems.com/schoolguard.htm

I would appreciate any insight you may have or prior experience with this company if anyone has had any.

russ

I work at a school and found that most products that where targeted for school use where not as good and overpriced when compared to any standard system.

The DVR does not know it is in a school, they just market to the school boards who love to hear prior k12 experience.

I think the over priced part comes from specializing in the k12 market and knowledge of grants for safe secure schools that will pay a percentage for CCTV hardware.

This is a school near me that just spent 2.5 million dollars on ~800 IP cameras over 32 campus. http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/6107

The company that did that install seems to always win. http://www.convergint.com/news.php?num=15

Companies local to me that are big on K12

http://www.salientsys.com

www.lensec.com

sorry im in uk, what is k12?

kindergarten - 12 grade in the USA it is like this

Not reqired education

Prek3

Prek4

Kinder

Elementary

Jr. High

High School

This can vary by district.

I would love to know what there patent is?

"Revolutionary digital surveillance system designed with Schools in mind. So advanced in features and concept that we have a US Patent Pending."

www.ibtvideosystems.com/schoolguard.htm

this kit is a bit poo on fps and spec imho.

FPS is great for 32 Channels (240FPS). All their other DVR's 4, 8, 12 and 16 come 120, 240, 360, 480FPS...Thats anything but poo, thats the highest you can achieve from that setup.

_________

As far as the company, very familiar with their PC based DVR systems (http://www.ibtvideosystems.com/DVSRhybrid.htm) They are Avermedia DVR cards. Very Good card but from what I remember a little overpriced for that particular DVR at least from them.

FPS is great for 32 Channels (240FPS)

7.5 per channel. imho thats poo . realitime fps dvrs are common now. so i kinda expect kit to be able to do 25 fps per channel. (however im a newbie in this undustry so may be being stupid lol)

5pps is still decent actually.

Quality over speed always .. so better quality cameras, and higher quality DVR sizes .. always best for CCTV. Less compression. Speed must come last.

oh i agree that the quality is the most important thing. however you can get excellent quality footage with realitime speeds now. (most the trade distrubtors are selling kit to so this for a few months now in uk)

PC based sure, there are a few that do that, Geo for example, but you have to pay for it to do it right. Stand alone, nothing yet. Also note that MPEG4 is not as high quality as Wavelet or Jpeg ..and H.264 is even worse quality than Mpeg4. I also forgot to mention Stability is most important with CCTV and Security. .. so new products need at least a year in the field to see how they hold up. I would push to spend more money on the cameras, and time installing and setting them up properly, than worying about the speed of the recording. I can sell a 4-channel 30pps DVR that gives me an average recorded speed of 15-30pps depending on how many cameras are picking up motion, and if it drops to 7.5pps when all are picking up motion, its fine, as its a solid plug play and forget machine, and in high quality 720x480 and wavelet compression. Quality is useless if the cameras are crap though ...

Edited by Guest

Stand alone, nothing yet.

yeah there is , ljd do a range of systems. and yes i know not the best supplier in the world but the realtime kit does produce pretty good results.

Post a link to the manufacturer please using an Embedded "RTOS" (Real Time Operating System) that records in 720x480 @ 480fps/pps/ips and evidence sharing is in 720x480 @ 480fps/pps/ips - Not using H.264, some higher quality compressions like Jpeg2000 for example, and no 320x240/352x240 image sizes as they are useless for security.

Thanks/.

www.digitalvideos.co.uk

however users h-264 compression on most kit now. maybe that kit does not meet your spec (i would not be so lazy but im in the middle of coding so cant be arsed to look )

No, it doesnt. Only 2CIF (704x240). And if im not mistaken it will drop resolution to CIF (352x240) when recording at full framerate (30FPS per ch.)

It is an Avermedia DVR card and software.

Here is a list of supported IP cameras.

· Axis

· O’Rite

· Vivotek

· Panasonic

· Sony

As long as the IP camera is on any network, anywhere you basically insert the IP address of the IP cam, user, pass and brand of camera into the setup and the DVR will connect to that camera as if it were an analog cam plugged directly into the card. But, you will need an open channel port per IP camera you want to integrate.

The 3000 series will only be able to handle one IP cam and the 5000 series up to as many open channel ports on the card.

But, you will need an open channel port per IP camera you want to integrate.

Meaning, for every IP camera you put in you'll loose 1 analogue camera! Hope they can have it in such a way that you have your 16 channels analoque & still be able to add IP cameras.