Sign in to follow this  
BrownChiLD

PA System riding on IP Surveillance Networt = possible?

Hi Guys

I have a current project that involves 3 Offices about 5KM apart.

We have successfully setup 5Ghz wireless bridges between the offices and the IP camera system works fine.

Now for Phase 2, the main Office needs to be able to make public announcements to the remote offices through the existing Data network we have established.

While i have experience installing PA systems but never over data network (just audio cables, etc).

So I was wondering if there's a way I can have traditional PA system "ride" on the data network? Perhaps using an Analog-Digital audio card ?

Or is there a PA system that's IP based?

Or how about using IP PABX system instead?

Or is there a software where i can simply have client computers on each office attached to loud speakers?

I'm not that familiar w/ audio stuff so I'm lookin for some ideas and guidance from the community.

Thanks guys

Hi Guys

I have a current project that involves 3 Offices about 5KM apart.

We have successfully setup 5Ghz wireless bridges between the offices and the IP camera system works fine.

Now for Phase 2, the main Office needs to be able to make public announcements to the remote offices through the existing Data network we have established.

While i have experience installing PA systems but never over data network (just audio cables, etc).

So I was wondering if there's a way I can have traditional PA system "ride" on the data network? Perhaps using an Analog-Digital audio card ?

Or is there a PA system that's IP based?

Or how about using IP PABX system instead?

Or is there a software where i can simply have client computers on each office attached to loud speakers?

I'm not that familiar w/ audio stuff so I'm lookin for some ideas and guidance from the community.

Thanks guys

What cameras and VMS are u using ?

Number of IP cams has Audio In/Audio Out

then VMS/Comp out

Most VMS/NVRs have audio but they are not easy for people to use compared to just picking up any VOIP phone and pressing 9.

A VOIP SIP system will work just fine for you and is what I would recommend.

Have a look at Stentofon SIP solutions. As you can see below you can use any VOIP sip phone to page the speakers. You can use speakers with built in SIP or you can use the SIP module and connect it to any amplifier and make it a SIP device.

w0IUHlmPNlE

rsoUX4kHrAE

Axis also has a IP SIP Horn

Sa2bMXtzI4E

@ak357

Currently I'm using HikVision cameras and NVR. No there are no mics/speakers on the cameras, and even if there were, I think using the NVR/camera for such purpose is a bit half baked and unreliable (?)

@thewireguys

Wow thanks for the inputs and links. I didn't know there were SIP enabled speakers.. ill go read up on them now..

Any other suggestions/insights are welcome..

PS

what ya'll think about just using a small netbook on each side with a speaker attached to it and just using a sort of PA software, if there is any?

Hi sounds like you just need a POE public address system

Built in decoding and amplifying

Will work with some hik and dauha just connect to your switch network

@thewireguys

ah this looks more convenient thanks

@tomcctv

when you say it will work w/ some hik/dahua , did you mean NVR/DVRs? Where paging is done through the NVR/DVRs?

Regards