Sign in to follow this  
hyperman88

How to compute the 30 Days Retention for CCTV?

Hi I'm new in CCTV environment and i want to know how to compute the 30 days retention. Is it per camera? Please advice.

There are several calculators on the web but how much space 30 days of video depends on frame rate, bit rate, continuous or motion, if motion amount of motion, number of cams etc.

Hard drives are relatively cheap. Err on the side of caution and get more space rather than less.

If by chance you are from the UK and have to deal with their odd data protection act just use the NVR settings to delete after 30 days.

Your best bet is to use the calculator for whatever camera manufacturer you are using. Then nail down exactly what recording settings you will use and plug in the values.

Always give yourself some room and bump up that amount by 25% for smaller installs and 10-15% for large installations.

@SyconsciousAu - actually my company bought Hanbanggaoke model is HB7216X3 and I really don't know how to configure as the manual is Chinese character. May I know the reliable calculator online so I will try to use it? thanks for the help.