Alaskan

Recommended vendors for buying Hikvision cameras and NVR

Hi,

I have been scouring the forum posts and learning lots. Thanks for all the community contributions to the posters. I haven't come across yet, though, an updated list, preferably with links, to recommended vendors for Hikvision products for a US customer.

Can some of you please chime in with your recommendations on where to purchase in terms of reputable and reasonably priced online vendors with good and timely shipping?

I also could use advice on getting products for USA and not something that is going to have only Chinese firmware, etc.

I have read the Hikvision DS-2CD3032-I is a decent camera.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between that camera and the 2032 version?

And, any recommendations on a good NVR to go with it?

Total budget is under $800 right now for a 6-8 camera system.

Thank you.

Good idea to buy it from China (e.g. aliexpress or nasasafe who posted just above) as you could save a lot!

Simply confirm your cameras will come with English firmware.

And no worries about warranty as if cameras work on arrival, you should not have any issue in the future. In case you get some problems, aliexpress is always on the buyer side.

Good idea to buy it from China (e.g. aliexpress or nasasafe who posted just above) as you could save a lot!

Simply confirm your cameras will come with English firmware.

And no worries about warranty as if cameras work on arrival, you should not have any issue in the future. In case you get some problems, aliexpress is always on the buyer side.

There is a difference between english firmware and US region. Keep in mind with china region cameras (even with english firmware), that there will be a HUGE issue if the user tries to update the firmware.....the camera will no longer work unless the proper fix is applied.

Thanks for the feedback all.

I am having problems finding the Hikvision NVR with alarm inputs/outputs. I was looking for an 8 channel POE. Some show the alarm inputs/outputs and some don't. I don't trust ordering unless I know for sure it has them. Any pointers?

Thanks for the feedback all.

I am having problems finding the Hikvision NVR with alarm inputs/outputs. I was looking for an 8 channel POE. Some show the alarm inputs/outputs and some don't. I don't trust ordering unless I know for sure it has them. Any pointers?

Alaskan,

Regarding authorized vendors - most distributors won't sell direct and require you to be a business to sell the cameras. I have helped a few people on here purchase Hikvision USA equipment provided they cover taxes and shipping. Don't be surprised to see that the equipment is 50% MORE than the Amazon/Aliexpress/eBay stuff.

The Hikvision 7604/7608 have 4 inputs/1 output (at least the genuine US versions). I can't speak for any of the "gray market" equipment but maybe you can ask the sellers.

buy from Aliexpress, I saved thousands buy doing that and just got a installer to come fit them. I was buying cheaper than the installer.