libertysurveillance

What PC's are you using for your Geo Systems?

Thanks man that's awesome.

Your welcome, it is a fun way to test tech support. Call and ask if your system has a 4 meg bios or if you NIC has support for ASF 1.03 and 2.0 as defined by DMTF.

The jump from the GX620 to the Poweredge 1800 is a pretty good jump. Why not look at the 430's or 800?

Dell mainly uses intel boards/chipsets which usually dont have a problem with geo stuffs.

what stinks about higher end dells is there jumps in price are like crazy from low end to - mid - to high.. it doesnt make any sense, they either make no money or make tons =\

The jump from the GX620 to the Poweredge 1800 is a pretty good jump. Why not look at the 430's or 800?

I work for a public school, k12 pricing is very different.

Go to dell.com K-12 edu on the front page.

select Texas DIR from the drop down and config a system.

Also the 430 and 800 do not rack mount.

They make trays for that. And you are right, public schools do have differant pricing. $1000 more in the case of the PE 1800.

They make trays for that. And you are right, public schools do have differant pricing. $1000 more in the case of the PE 1800.

I guess need a k12 account to get the real price.

Eh, the Dell website has a education section and they have Texas DIR as an option. All of the contracts that Dell has worked out with any goverment agency always is above end user or bussiness cost. Even thier prices on the GSA are higher then retail.

Eh, the Dell website has a education section and they have Texas DIR as an option. All of the contracts that Dell has worked out with any goverment agency always is above end user or bussiness cost. Even thier prices on the GSA are higher then retail.

The price can still change even on a contract.

http://www.dir.state.tx.us/store/buyeralert.htm

"You may be able to negotiate additional savings for quantity purchases.

Standard configurations and pricing will be reviewed and adjustments made as necessary. "

Geovision states: "To use the recording resolution of 640 x 480 or above, Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading is required."

I have not seen this mentioned by anyone.....

Geovision states: "To use the recording resolution of 640 x 480 or above, Pentium 4 processor with Hyper-Threading is required."

Do you have a link for that? Im using an AMD 2.0Ghz with a Via Chipset for my GV250 and no issues at 720x480 or 640x480.

Rory

Do you have a link for that? Im using an AMD 2.0Ghz with a Via Chipset for my GV250 and no issues at 720x480 or 640x480.

Rory

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/product/Technical_Spec.pdf

At the bottom of the page.

Ive been using 2.4ghz D's or Celerons with 250's and if people complain about the price, i give them that with a gv600, and explain to them whats going on. You get what you pay for =]

Same here (with the 250), its on the PC im using now which is Via and AMD ..