jmq

Help!!! System components advice please.

Hi. Firstly I would like to say thank you for this forum / website.

I have previously successfully installed an 8 channel analogue system at a car forecourt purchased from dare I say it...eBay. I spent a little extra money on good quality Sony Effio-e box cameras and the results were good. This was over 4 years ago mind.

Now I know things have moved on a bit now what with recorders with video streaming and alarm in/outputs...however here's the thing...

I am designing a new security system at a colleagues farm, this includes various break beam detectors integrated with an auto dialler (already fitted and working well) if the alarm is activated the owner will be informed by phone and then he wants to check the cameras using a phone app. I have already fitted CAT5E cables to every camera destination (took some time as some runs were over 40mts!!) Also have an Ethernet connection ready.

CCTV Components help.

I have already spoken to many different suppliers telling me to avoid high street or eBay recorders. They instead mention makes like Cobra, Aveesa AHD208Pro what do think??

# The recorder needs to be simple to use with a mouse / remote control

# Reliable

# View a camera at any time from a PC / Apple / Smartphone

# No hidden application subscription fees

# At least 2 weeks recording

# Audio recording

Plus motion detection alarm inputs and outputs would be a bonus??

As for cameras I was thinking of sticking with the Sony vari-focal 2.8-12mm C? IR 1.3MP CMOS Sensor 960P/960H type. AHD720P Box Camera

I would greatly appreciate your help as I am sure you guys have much more experience with this than me. jeff

Hi. Firstly I would like to say thank you for this forum / website.

I have previously successfully installed an 8 channel analogue system at a car forecourt purchased from dare I say it...eBay. I spent a little extra money on good quality Sony Effio-e box cameras and the results were good. This was over 4 years ago mind.

Now I know things have moved on a bit now what with recorders with video streaming and alarm in/outputs...however here's the thing...

I am designing a new security system at a colleagues farm, this includes various break beam detectors integrated with an auto dialler (already fitted and working well) if the alarm is activated the owner will be informed by phone and then he wants to check the cameras using a phone app. I have already fitted CAT5E cables to every camera destination (took some time as some runs were over 40mts!!) Also have an Ethernet connection ready.

CCTV Components help.

I have already spoken to many different suppliers telling me to avoid high street or eBay recorders. They instead mention makes like Cobra, Aveesa AHD208Pro what do think??

# The recorder needs to be simple to use with a mouse / remote control

# Reliable

# View a camera at any time from a PC / Apple / Smartphone

# No hidden application subscription fees

# At least 2 weeks recording

# Audio recording

Plus motion detection alarm inputs and outputs would be a bonus??

As for cameras I was thinking of sticking with the Sony vari-focal 2.8-12mm C? IR 1.3MP CMOS Sensor 960P/960H type. AHD720P Box Camera

I would greatly appreciate your help as I am sure you guys have much more experience with this than me. jeff

Do friend a favor and stay away from anything that is 960h or d1...At the minimum it should be 720p, 1080p would be better.

How long are the ethernet runs? If they are only 40 meters max as you say, just go with an ip system. How many cameras will you be installing? what is your budget?

It seems the length of cable to be OK. And number of cameras could not be that many - like 32 /16 Channels. If you are familar with analog system, AHD of 720P could be recommended. It could be done with a lot less money than your old systems, 4 years ago.

Thank you for your comments they are really appreciated. I am looking for an 8 camera system with with a budget of £300. Expecting to pay no more than £50 each for the cameras. Here is what has been suggested to me. What do you think http://www.exvision.co.uk/ahd-cctv-dvr-8-ch-choice-of-hard-drive-aveesa-720p---wd1-960h-hdmi-usb-vga-digital-video-6589-p.asp

OR....

http://www.digitaldirectsecurity.co.uk/index.php?target=products&product_id=988

Hi. If in the uk look at dahua equipment

Your problem is budget £300

You are looking at a high value area as in a farm ..... Uk has problems of fuel theft from farm yards ..... No point using cheap equipment to protect £1000s of fuel

AHD -720p cameras must have dropped as much as 960H cameras. If not, you can go for analog 960H cameras, its DVR system, HDD, and monitor, for £300.

AHD -720p cameras must have dropped as much as 960H cameras. If not, you can go for analog 960H cameras, its DVR system, HDD, and monitor, for £300.

Guess you don't know the value of £300

Instead of just sales ..... Take into account the ops application ...a farm .... 8 cameras dvr HDD and monitor for £300 is going to be junk.

It is not just a matter of selling .... The area covered all so needs to be taken to account .

sunnykim. U.K. Has fit for purpose ...... Images need to be good to even get them to court ...... No point installing a system that is cheap and poor

Guess you don't know the value of £300

Instead of just sales ..... Take into account the ops application ...a farm .... 8 cameras dvr HDD and monitor for £300 is going to be junk.

It is not just a matter of selling .... The area covered all so needs to be taken to account .

sunnykim. U.K. Has fit for purpose ...... Images need to be good to even get them to court ...... No point installing a system that is cheap and poor

Images needed to get to Court, Even those good days of CIF sized 1 FPS, State of The Art.

Sunnykim.

Courts will no longer use footage that is bad image ..... It can't be a guessing game

But let's take a look at your £300 system let's see if you can add up

Very cheap monitor £75

2tb hard drive £100

We are at £175 without including dvr and 8 cameras plus power supply

So £125 left from budget to get dvr and 8 cameras .... Except your junk

tomcctv,

The issue is to fit in £300. The system was £3,000, only a few years ago. Now you are calling it Junk, a state of art, only a few years ago, on which you could have lived.

tomcctv,

The issue is to fit in £300. The system was £3,000, only a few years ago. Now you are calling it Junk, a state of art, only a few years ago, on which you could have lived.

33 years in the industry this November

£3.000 for 8 cameras .... It has never been that

Show me a good system with HD and monitor for £300

Hi...thankyou all for your useful comments. Im not sure if I made it clear that the budget for the recorder alone is £300. Most high street recorders (Swan) are about £150. The farm yard perimeter s already protected by break beam sensors and the cameras will be zoomed in tight at the expensive equipment hot zone. Can somebody please give this recorder a glance...what do you think (see link. http://www.digitaldirectsecurity.co.uk/index.php?target=products&product_id=988)

Thankyou.

Hi. That is expensive and that is without hard drive

Look for brand names like dahua you will get good warranty in the uk plus free monitoring when needed.

Where are you based ?

Thank you for your comments regarding the high cost and I will checkout your recommend alternative brand. can you recommend a good UK supplier?

HD-AHD for 720P was a good choice. Its DVR could handle 960H cameras at the same time. As a similar product, I can recommend HD-CVI system from Daihua or HD-TVI system from HikVision. You should not mix HD-AHD/CVI/TVI cameras which are not compatible each other.

Thats really helps me.Thanks for the info. Going to search for a uk supplier now.