Speed666

Aboslute high-end in PTZ 1080p

Hello,

I am searching for absolute high-end of PTZ IP camera 1080p for outdoor installation. Zoom is not important. I need something with best quality. Axis Q6115 is not enough, Sony best is WR632C but i search for somewting with bigger sensor.

Price is not important. Any news?

Marcin

Hello,

I am searching for absolute high-end of PTZ IP camera 1080p for outdoor installation. Zoom is not important. I need something with best quality. Axis Q6115 is not enough, Sony best is WR632C but i search for somewting with bigger sensor.

Marcin

Panasonic announced their 4K PTZ this summer. It doesn't appear to be for sale yet but it may be available shortly.

Hello,

Marcin

What is wrong with the Q6115?

It's 1080p

The VMS you are using determines the cameras you can use and since you didn't mention it then it's hard to make a recommendation.

Avigilon's 2mp PTZ is pretty sweet.

Axis Q6045 is also a 1080p camera.

I am back. Sorry, got to work with HikVision encryption and forgot. I didnt need VMS, i wanted only best quality. I choosed Sony WR632C. Has better quality than Axis.

I like Sony IP simply because they make the best CMOS sensor in the world.

1/2"+ CMOS is generally seen on broadcast cameras. I can't imaging cramming a larger sensor than 1/2.8" in a PTZ camera to provide fast focus. The larger the sensor, the system has to work harder or more clever to focus fast.

How is the recording side? Which recorder are you using to record up to 30Mbps for best quality?

Are you using this for home? If so, that's very cool.

No these are at a University. Being recorded to a Dell Server using Genetec Security Center as the VMS.

No reason for us to record at 30fps. It's a waste of bandwidth and storage just to get a smooth picture. 15fps is fine.

Hanging from a traffic arm.

280085_1.png

Wide Angle

280085_2.png

30X Zoom

280085_3.png

What are the objectives of having the camera? Is it for surveillance or something else?

I still don't understand why you bought the Sony camera... lol. You could've gone with something at lower cost and save the State's dollar. You wanted the best but you're not using its potential capacity.

What are the objectives of having the camera? Is it for surveillance or something else?

Surveillance. There are 1500 cameras in this system.

I still don't understand why you bought the Sony camera... lol. You could've gone with something at lower cost and save the State's dollar. You wanted the best but you're not using its potential capacity.

I did not buy a sony camera.

Please explain.

Oops I mistaken you for the OP.

If you are using those camera for surveillance, try to screen capture your critical subjects (I.e. Faces or cars) from a random sample of 10. How many faces can you recognize clearly?

When you can answer that question with good confidence, you'll be able to prioritize image quality over storage capacity for specific area.

I believe a good system at your level should be designed, both hardware and recording side, optimally according to the need for different area of the university.

If you are using those camera for surveillance, try to screen capture your critical subjects (I.e. Faces or cars) from a random sample of 10. How many faces can you recognize clearly?

When you can answer that question with good confidence, you'll be able to prioritize image quality over storage capacity for specific area.

I believe a good system at your level should be designed, both hardware and recording side, optimally according to the need for different area of the university.

Its funny how you seem to be giving ssmith10pn advice. How many cameras have you installed? 5? Hes a pro installer. The system has 1500 cameras, he knows what hes doing. In another thread you recommend 48fps to avoid blur which is simply improper advice, seems like you are a novice trying to dish out advice. Problem is the when you provide bad advice it hurts end users.

Edited by Guest

Its funny how you seem to be giving ssmith10pn advice. How many cameras have you installed? 5? Hes a pro installer. The system has 1500 cameras, he knows what hes doing. In another thread you recommend 48fps to avoid blur which is simply improper advice, seems like you are a novice trying to dish out advice. Problem is the when you provide bad advice it hurts end users.

Let him answer my question about the test and see. Don't be too harsh on me, I only have one post count.

What does installation have anything to do with knowing how it's operated? You can have an installer hookup 1million camera and not able to understand the main objective of identify or recognize the subject, is no expert at all.

Understanding the risk of your system is important or else it becomes a general/landscape photography camera.

Let him answer my question about the test and see. Don't be too harsh on me, I only have one post count.

What does installation have anything to do with knowing how it's operated? You can have an installer hookup 1million camera and not able to understand the main objective of identify or recognize the subject, is no expert at all.

Understanding the risk of your system is important or else it becomes a general/landscape photography camera.

My point is based on your posts on this forum, you dont seem to know what you are talking about.

Based on what? Is it bc of my radical point of view?

What is it that I don't know, please help me understand

Based on what? Is it bc of my radical point of view?

What is it that I don't know, please help me understand

You dont understand that 30 or 48fps is unnecessary and is not related to the motion blur your are seeing.

What camera did you use that resulted in motion blur in your well lit garage?

One of the primary causes of "Motion Blur" is shutter speed. That said, many decent IP Cameras that support 30+ FPS also support higher shutter speeds. Because without higher shutter speeds you can't get 30+ FPS rates without increasing "Motion Blur". That said, a person running, cars and other things moving quickly, may still blur at high shutter speeds.

Point being, that in many cases IP Cameras that can do 30+ FPS rates generally will have less motion blur at 30 FPS, than those that have a maximum of 30 FPS. This also assumes that your IP Camera is set to use higher bit rates and that your network and equipment can handle higher bit rates as well. Without introducing and causing other issues, because they can't.

Besides getting not much more than "You don't know what you are doing" responses from some responders. Which is their standard response vs. being more helpful with solutions.

It can't hurt to do a search here in the Forum. For "Motion Blur". There are some good suggestions that don't include the overhead and insulting tones of "You don't know what you are doing".

One Important thing to remember is that as you increase shutter speeds you may require more light especially at night. This is because generally as shutter speeds increase images/video of the same view gets somewhat darker. Depends on the IP Cameras hardware and image sensor as well.

Don

Image quality has nothing to do with Frame Rate.

A Avigilon 29mp camera records at 3fps.

Most 5mp cameras record at 12fps.

Fluid motion of 30fps will not help one bit when it comes to quality still Images.

How many images does a photographer grab with a SLR camera? 1