lemike

picture gos up & down, electrical problem?

sometime tis happens when you have a switcher in the mix and the "flipping" on the switcher equipment can cause a slight feed back onto the recorder equipment................kinda like a "zap" only it is a unbalancing of the video line casued by that same like "zap".

Disconnect one thing a a time (camer'as included) and reduce your "services" to see if you have any improvements or changes.

Another "trick" is to got the breaker box and turn off circuits one at a time to see the difference. You'll need a decent UPS/APC that will carry the load until you are done..........................but this works in finding electrical noise sources............once you narraw it down to a circuit ou can work the further using common sense.

r u getting it on te network view also? Or just monitor? Again, disconnect and test.......

I could not download and play the video (lack of codec), however if you do have a switcher involved or if you are switching your ouput from the dvr then you may have a phase issue.

If your camera rolls then it could be that the power is not phased in turn, this means that if you have a certian length of cable for one run and then again a differnt length again, the sine wave will be at different points, peaked or troughed, if you are using 24V, then try to find the camera that has the problem and reverse the power connection for it (ie switch black and red over ONLY ON 24V) this may shift your phase back into sequence and it may be close enough not to roll, there is also a phase shift in most cameras these days.

Without seeing the image it is hard to say, if it is only during certain times of day then it would be unlikely to be this problem and be more likely to be interference from something like an aircon etc!

File : 309 KB (309 KB), duration: 0:00:10, type: AVI, 0 audio stream(s), quality: 34 %

Video : 307 KB, 251 Kbps, 25.0 fps, 384*288 (4:3), IV50 = Intel Indeo R5.1, Supported

Anyway, that is the codec needed to view that clip.

I quit tring...

TMPGEnc will transcode most video to MPEG 1 or MPEG 2 your choice and then everyone can veiw it.

Yup Media player did play it.

Now that I have actually seen the video I still think it's wind.

Nah, its cable or power. .. or just a cheap camera power baord .. ive only seen them on cheap bullet cameras ..

also, what recording setting are you using, with a GV250 and a budget color bullet i get the jumping .. only when set on 720x480 interlaced .. if deinterlaced or smaller res it is fine ..