ChuckP

Multi-Office Proximity System

Hey guys,

I am looking for a system that will run 1 to 2 doors and can integrate into a computer system. We have offices all around the country with one centralized IT department for managing things like this. I need the system to do the following:

1 Key to many offices

Remove access for a user remotely

Have time controls for accessing the office

Proximity Key fob or even an electronic key would work

Detailed logging of entry (if possible to a central server)

If anyone knows which system would be good for an application I need all the help I can get. I have searched Google up and down and am unable to find a decent system that does this... if one even exists.

Thanx,

Chuck

Are you looking for a small card access system? if yes, check out

http://www.keyscan.ca/ or

http://www.honeywellaccess.com/products/software/18120.html

as an example.

If you are not familiar with card access systems, there are many alarm dealers in your area which can assist and meet your needs.

These systems are not like an alarm system, as they can be labour intensive (installing door strikes for example)

Cheers.....Rapid

i have limited expewrience but I know the Keyscan system can used like you are discussing you can get a 4 door system and software to connect to the network and manange everything remotly but if the network goes down the access control system will continue to operate until you are back up. We have just installed our first system and it works fine from a remote site

pm me if you have any questions

I saw this at ISC and think it is cool.

http://www.videx.com

1 Key to many offices YES

Remove access for a user remotely YES

Have time controls for accessing the office YES

Proximity Key fob or even an electronic key would work YES

Detailed logging of entry (if possible to a central server) YES

I have been talking with a Videx supplier but I really want to find out how the Keyscan System V works.

I understand that with the System V you would need the software, an ACU, and a K-PROX Proximity Reader. For my application I would also need the NETCOM2.

What I don't understand is what is the hardware I need for the door? Do regular strikers work? From the diagram it looked like there needs to be an electronic door lock, door contact and a request to exit button.

Can anyone provide me some information on this?

ChuckP

For each door you will need:

1. Proximity card reader on non-secure side.

2. Concealed door contact (above door)....or surface mount on secure side. (This is used as part of the access control if door is forced open)

3. Door hardware ....either a door strike, electronic lock, or mag lock in combination with an industrial lockset.

(FYI....you can get latch monitoring (similiar to request to exit) built into the lock or door strike)

4. Request to exit detector.....mounted above door on secure side.....if someone approaches the door...the detector will trip and allow egress through door without causing an alarm.

exit_trex_page.jpg

If you would like further info you can PM.

Just watch REX detectors, as you can slide things under the door sometimes and open it, LOL

REX button is better, has to be pushed to open door from inside

Inner Range is good

has Insight (pc management) and has tcpip modules etc etc,

You can get sweet modules now whereby you dont need a controller at each site and that and just one controller at your main office,