jisaac

Mace & Support Issue's.

I have bought a good amount of stuff from mace. Since about november I have been having problems with their suport. recently it has been outragious. I have not installed a mace dvr since january. I have been having several issues with some of our existing systems mace dvrs.

For a month I have been calling and getting no one to answer my calls. Only person that would answer is the sales man. Over and over and over I have left messages and no answers! Well I knew it was going to happean, because I was not able to get the support that was needed and overwelmingly neglected that at one of the locations 40,0000 dollars worth of stuff was stolen and no record of it. And because my name is about to be drug through the mud I thought it was only right to drag their name because they are the ones responsible.

Do not buy from mace!

Do not expect to get support from mace!

I have never seen a company go down so fast in my entire life!

Dont let this happean to you. Dont buy from mace!

There you go Mace hope it was worth it!

oh ya and when I finally talked to one of their support guys (one of the lower level) I asked him, "what am I suppose to tell the customer?". He told me and I quote, "I dont know we will think of a lie". Ya know that is not how I do business but obviously that is the way they handle things when their equipment does not work.

So can you be sure you will get an honest answer from Mace?

You decide!

i went thru the same thing...and then some. they sell fast and dodge the calls as if you never called them.....

too bad, becasue Mose is supposed to be the good guy and is most responsible for the bs to begin with. it is what it is......

They don't have any money to pay for tech support, they are too busy spending it all on advertising, private jets, preferential pricing for relatives,

etc. Just check out their 10Q sometime, very interesting reading.

Well... (warning... shameless plug to follow) don't forget you dealer/installers can always turn to your friendly alternative (us) for the exact same 540tvl DSS vandal, dome, and box cameras without the fancy name and costs associated with advertising and jets (we don't have corporate anything ).

Don't forget Unix, your good buddies who like to give things away for free.

I doubt if Song has a corporate jet, maybe a corporate KIA. MACE if you take a good look at their financial filings has so much under the table stuff going on you wonder how they even stay in business. Their stock price certainly reflects the unease from the financial community.

Dude I thought you bought from us?? If somebody here treated you bad enough to buy mace let me know and I will rectify it for ya.

Hey

we bought a load of stuff from mace last year, but when we asked for any type of support from them we got nothing, one time we asked for spare power boxs to replace a few faulty ones, they said there offices got damaged by hurricane, this was 7 months after the f******* hurricane

They have the worst support ever, when you buy couple million off them you expect some small bit of support

they have too much money

Dude I thought you bought from us?? If somebody here treated you bad enough to buy mace let me know and I will rectify it for ya.

Well in 2006 it has been different for obvious reason's. But before that I got mace from mace (obviously). And got all other equipment from you guys (pansonic, pelco, and a few others). But ya now you guys get 90% of my equipment (minus dvr's). Ya northern video and staff is always good and resourceful. I like getting equipment from distributors alot better than manufacturers. I also like that northern video's support team is now ran by a 18 year old kid who thinks he knows it all oh ya and that also tells me that HE manufactured maces oem dvr's. That is the #1 way to get me on your bad side is lie to me.

I really thought Mace was just giving us bad service. After all the threads here I see they really have a big problem on there hands. We started purchasing from mace when they first started their CCTV division...Actually we were their first distributor and last year were their "2005 Distributor of the Year"... .. We've averaged around 300,000 a year purchasing from the beginning.....that is until this year... .....We've noticed there service and techinical departments have increasingly been on the decline for about the last year and a half. It's really too bad because they do have decent product with decent pricing. The problem is when a manufacturer does bad it makes us look really bad as a distributor to our dealers. Because of the lack of service we currently are reducing our orders with them.....I hope they can get their act together soon.

I guess your actually right......They really don't manufacture anything, just slap a label on a box and say "it's our product". We'll call them a importing distributor....that better???.....

Ive noticed a trend with some of these companies, going over to importing some higher quality equipment from Korea now .. I wonder if its from feedback, competition with other companies, or just the pricing is getting lower on the Korean Products ..?

1st regarding Mace as someone posted they are past due on their filings and could be delisted from the stock exchange. 2nd they are having some major immigration problems with their car wash division which is siphoning off funds and manpower from their security side. Management has to get the car wash problem under control fast and they really have little time to spend on the security products.

As far as import products go, outside of Japanese products (many of which are built in Korea) the Korean CCTV, especially DVRs is pretty high quality and SOTA. You are finding that the Korean govt has encouraged Korean companies to become world leaders in DVRs and security products and that they make some pretty good stuff at very reasonable prices. The best way to buy the stuff though is from branded American companies (for the U.S. of course). That way when you need help you have an American based company to deal with (Mace being an exception right now). You can usually get similar products from several sources at similar pricing so choose someone who gives you good customer service, and if they are in your area all the better.

Taiwanese products are next best level and mainland China are the worst right now. They are improving though and may someday be the best bargain. Most Mace products are Taiwanese and Chinese, although I'm not sure about the DVRs. Someone here used to work for Mace so they might have a better line on where they are made.

I just wanted to make one thing clear about this. Mace and their support issues are in my experience only with the guys who support the dvr's and related. Now Moshe on the on other hand has been nothing but extremely helpful in ALL instances and experiences that I have ever had with the cameras and controllers and any other thing he could help with. No matter if it was 9:00 in the morning or 11:30 at night. Moshe has always been exactly the kind of person you want to be supporting the products you install. Moshe is in my opinion one of the most intelligent guys when it comes to not only mace cameras but any camera.

So any comments about mace's support issues have been about the other guys. NOT MOSHE!

If there was not the presence of relatives with job title’s because of who's related to who; then Moshe would have a support team that is just as good as pelco's. Kids with ****y attitudes and random made up comments don't make good management (relatives). But knowledgeable people that are extremely helpful and hardworking (Moshe) do make good managers.

Oh ya and mikey nobody believe's you when you tell everyone that YOU made the dvr's with mace's name on it. So quit telling people that.