odiggity

geovision remote view questions

i've been using the email notifications and remote playback and have been basically happy with the system. I get an email, and if it needs attention i login and play the clip.

What i notice is that the playback is slow, can I speed this up? I thought it was dowloading the file slowly, but if I play the same file 2x, it's slow each time.

Is it possible for me to download more than one clip at a time? I'd like to grab a bunch of clips and download them all to watch, but it only lets me select one at a time.

Thanks in advance

what is rpb client? is that remote playback? if so i've already been using this through the web and i cannot dload more than 1 video at a time

What CCTVGeeks means is use the Windows Software, not the ActiveX Browser Control ..

It is on the GeoVision CD as RemotePlayback Client.

Install this and run it, connect, you can then select more than one camera, and more than one time, download and / or playback all of them at the same time (well up to 16 at one time playing as it will then buffer the rest).

Rory

it is seperate to turning on the web cam, the rpb is not just a tick radio button, it acts as a server therefore you need to make the seperate application run at startup and look for the connection, well at least you used to have to i have not used Geo in a long while

I think he's doing that already .. for the browser part to work ..

Rory, Don't you professionally setup the Geovision systems? Don't you know that the RPB has a server side component?

no doubt.

That should be a given if he is using Remote Playback. The Remote Playback Server (installed with the main programs) must be running on the DVR Server to connect via Remote Playback

Now i never use the browser based Remote Playback ActiveX so I Cant speak for that.

That said, I really dont like the RPB program with Geo and so Im developing my own Remote Admin/Playback/Downloader, which will be much better.

PS. I dont just 'set them up' .. check this for extremely basic examples:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4615

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/client_demo.htm

Now im doing a custom GeoShell and already finished the 30 way multi site viewer, next the 64 way viewer .. and then the admin proggy.

ok, thx for the info. unfortunately i don't have access to the cd, because i am out of the country. I checked and it is not saved on the HD when the system is installed.

I tried to download the software 8.0 from the geovision website, but when i put the ip addr of the computer in, it says connection failed. I know that I can connect becasue the webserver is running and I can use that interface.

i haven't upgraded to 8.0 yet, still running 7.(05?) Is the remote playback software dependent on the server version? can i download the 7 series somewhere?

I tried enabling the web/tcp/multicast servers but not luck. I verified that port 5066 is forwarded properly (behind NAT firewall)

So should i upgrade to 8.0 to get this to work? is it relatively seemles upgrade? I don't want to go screwing something up remotely ...

In the Geo Main Folder (or on the Start Menu under the GeoVision Group), you should see "Remote Playback Server", as it is installed as part of the GeoVison DVR Server Software package. If its not on the Program Group List for some reason, do a search for: "RPBSvr.exe" or look in your Geo main folder for that file.

Rory

ok thanks, i have it setup to run on startup now.

the video still paysback slowly, i tried to increase the speed, but it had no effect.

Yeah that is one of the things I dont like with the Program .. there isnt a way to change it as far as I know .. just have to download the file then play which is a Pain .. hence the need for something better for Remote Playback.

Rory

Can this be a Internet speed problem that is causing this slow playback?

I can't even use the Remote Playback feature on a 384kbps upload connection at the DVR. It is useless at that speed, at least for me.

I use CenterV to send clips at regular intervals to get an idea of what is going on at the location.

I think it might be the connection speed. I'm over in southeast asia and the pc is on the us east coast.

After I downloaded all the clips to a local dir and used RPB to play them it works ok. It even allows me to adjust the playback speed.

i guess i can live with that

Yeah that is one of the things I dont like with the Program .. there isnt a way to change it as far as I know .. just have to download the file then play which is a Pain .. hence the need for something better for Remote Playback.

Rory

Hi, Rory

Did you ever try this method "boolean FastForward" ?

I have problem with modem to modem connection

I using external modems but after dialing number remote view can't login.

I try with rockwell 56k usb and zyxel 56k usb.

firewall is down on both pc

The remote ViewLog app is good, on system 8.1 and above. If you have a decent speed connection to the remote site, you have all the same functions as the local ViewLog

connection is 45Kb (modem to modem)

I dont have remote view 8.1 I think the newest remote view version is 6.0 (included in geovision software 6.1 , 7.0 , 8.0...)

After connect PC tries to login but nothing hapens)