alexf40

Hikvision 5.3.3 and Google Chrome?

Hi,

I've been reading through all the threads and can't see if v5.3.0 or 5.3.3 will fix the NPAPI plugin support issue, according to a press release I found this was supposed to fixed for the DS-2x cameras in October.

Does anyone know what version I need?

I'm using Win10 and MS's new edge browser doesn't support NPAPI either.

Cheers

Make sure you don't have gray market cameras before you upgrade the firmware. Cameras bought at ebay or aliexpress are probably gray market/Chinese cameras and will brick with new firmware.

The only reason I wanted to update the firmware was so I could change the motion detection area, I didn't realise this but you can actually change this on the cameras from within the iVMS programme

The only reason I wanted to update the firmware was so I could change the motion detection area, I didn't realise this but you can actually change this on the cameras from within the iVMS programme

Use Firefox

In Microsoft Edge browser you need to go to the menu on the right hand side and select open with Internet Explorer, or hit start, type ie and it will appear in the apps list

In Microsoft Edge browser you need to go to the menu on the right hand side and select open with Internet Explorer, or hit start, type ie and it will appear in the apps list

Ah didn't know that