jisaac

Multi Monitors

Does anyone else use a Multi-monitor set up for the computers? (non cctv related). I really just now set mine up and its kind of weird to get use to.

I have dual monitors,and I love it. Mine is a little awkward because the second monitor is a foot above the main one. I need a new desk so I can put them side by side.

I have had dual 19" LCD's side by side for a few years now. They are running off a radeon 9800 pro 256 and both at 1280x1024. It was a little weird at first, but I dont know how I would survive without them. I have a third monitor, same size and model which I would love to hook up as well.

i've had dual setups at work and home for the past 2 years and can't imagine going back to single screen. kills me on the road with just my laptop monitor!

recently got into a pretty heated debate with a co-worker about the dual setup. noticed he keeps his laptop monitor shut and just uses a larger flat screen beside it. couldn't figure out why, and when i asked him about it, he was very "anti-dual monitor" to the point of getting angry!!

the next day he walked by and took a look at my setup. poor guy had only ever configured "clone screen" and couldn't understand what all the hype was about. of course, now he loves it - though he really only uses it to keep outlook up and winamp open.

Yep. I have 2 x 19" NEC CRT's at work + 1 cheapy 17" one on the side via a CAT5 KVM Extender for CCTV.

I cannot work w/o more than one monitor for very long. I usually use one to watch certain log files on our Linux servers and the main one for everything else.

The 2 CRT's, the laser printer on my desk, plus the other 17" monitor... things get hot after a bit, especially in the summer.

man you live in canada you have a easy. I live arkansas where it is hot and humid! Not to mention 2 dvr's, 1 pc, 1 laptop, 1 21"cctv monitor, 42 plasma, 1 19"CRT, and 1 17" Lcd. Man around 11 o clock in the day it is a sauna in here. I have to do something about that it gets HOT in here. It was 87 degrees outside today and I bet at one point today is was hotter several degrees hotter in here (i accidently covered my vent). But man I definitly know what you mean.

Got dual or multiple monitors? Ever wonder why you can only have the taskbar on one and not any of the others? Want to fix that?

Try this program: http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

It not only adds the taskbar to the rest of your monitors… it has a couple of other features as well.

1. there is a true maximize button added to programs… it will expand any program across all monitors.

2. there is a switch monitor button added to all programs. Got photoshop running on your right monitor… and a browser window you need to look at? say they are both maximized to fit that monitor… what do you do to see them both? well… you “restore downâ€