Bishop

Video extender?

I have 4 video caneras that run a distance of about 250 feet. The signal on all four is great at the PC based DVR system, in my study.

I'v set up another PC based system, same software, same everything.

When I connect all four with signal splitters in the study, I get a video signal freezing or acting up on both systems.

If I disconnect the cameras system in the study, the orginal location, the cameras in the office work great.

I believe the signal loss of distance and double duty monitoring is my problem.

I've been looking online for a video aplifier, actually I found one that has four in and four out in a single package.

It looks like I need a little boost, not a lot, just enough to get me past the extra 100' to the office DVR system.

Had anyone used amps to enhance their system?

I forgot to say, I don't use online remote viewing, just two locations at home, if that makes a difference.

If the cameras are all analog, either NTSC or PAL, your problem could be solved easily.

Idea One : The distance, Max 120 meter, can not be an issue.

You do not need any amplifier, or that kind. You may make a Signal Splitter(simply passive), T Splitter, One Input/ Two outputs for each camera output.

Idea Two: Buy two DVRs, costing less than U$ 50 in total. Use its CVBS output to the input of another DVR for a remote monitor.

I just found in my audio/video stuff, a Radio Shack inline amp that was used 15-20 years ago forbeefing up the TV signal for their flying sauser looking rooftop antennas.

It has a 9V transformer power supply and has a in and out coax connections.

The antenna is still up on the side of our old house, but we use Dish Network now.

Would four of these work?

I just found in my audio/video stuff, a Radio Shack inline amp that was used 15-20 years ago forbeefing up the TV signal for their flying sauser looking rooftop antennas.

It has a 9V transformer power supply and has a in and out coax connections.

The antenna is still up on the side of our old house, but we use Dish Network now.

Would four of these work?

Hi. No they will not work .... Don't waste your money on buying others

Amp listed above are only a few $ each