Sign in to follow this  
Al Drake

Expert help with new DVR system

Hello to everyone.

I need an opinion on replacing an old DVR(Q-See/Enterprise LTD-2508FD)

http://www.spygeeks.com/Enterprise-Level-DVR-8-Channel-LTD2508FD.html

The motherboard died and I'm unable to locate a replacement board. I paid top dollar a few years back and notice some Amcrest units available at a much more reasonable price.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/44786726?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227034012061&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=87915278328&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=122047574208&veh=sem

I just installed one of these for a friend and so far found it rather nice.

My question would be are these Amcrest DVRs an acceptable replacement or does anyone know of a source for the motherboard?

Thanks for any input.

Regards.

Al.

Both DVRs are for analog cameras. No compatiblity issues. Just Plug The Old Cameras into a new Analog DVR with recording resolution D1 or 960H, for each camera. Any 8 Ch Analog DVRs (no HDD) can be bought less than U$50 on the internet.

Both DVRs are for analog cameras. No compatiblity issues. Just Plug The Old Cameras into a new Analog DVR with recording resolution D1 or 960H, for each camera. Any 8 Ch Analog DVRs (no HDD) can be bought less than U$50 on the internet.

Thank you for your reply. I think I have the cameras I need but I would like to learn more about what I can do to repair this one I have before I totally give up on it and purchase a replacement. The symptoms are this unit will not get any further than the welcome screen that says "please wait". I have tried replacing the power supply. It has three hard drives installed and all was working fine until I noticed the problem. I tried swapping drives and disconnecting them altogether still no results. I tried replacing the BIOS battery but that didn't work either. I tried locating a replacement motherboard but I came up empty. I am sure I can't be the only one with this problem but I'm not finding any posts showing anyone with this problem and no fixes.

I was hoping to get some expert advice on what options I have left in troubleshooting.

About your opinions on a replacement at $50.00 what might be the difference in ones that cost 10 times that price?

Thanks to anyone that has any help.

Hi. There are no good $50 DVRS.

What would the differance be lets take the cheap China units

1. No support

2. No updates

3. Very bad if any ... Smart apps

4. No safety certificate for your country .. So never been tested and fire risk.

Buying a brand name

1. Full support

2. Full updates

3. Good apps that work and get updated

4. Safety certificate that is real and not just a photo copy

But if you wanted to buy something new and you already have 16 cameras then hybrid is your best option . It gives you a system that will last and mix old with new cameras

Hi. There are no good $50 DVRS.

What would the differance be lets take the cheap China units

1. No support

2. No updates

3. Very bad if any ... Smart apps

4. No safety certificate for your country .. So never been tested and fire risk.

Buying a brand name

1. Full support

2. Full updates

3. Good apps that work and get updated

4. Safety certificate that is real and not just a photo copy

But if you wanted to buy something new and you already have 16 cameras then hybrid is your best option . It gives you a system that will last and mix old with new cameras

Thanks Tom. This one I have that no longer works isn't that old and it only lasted a year or so. I guess I have to trash it if I can't find a motherboard. I paid around $750 and now I notice it's available for about half that now. No support it seems for the Enterprise LTD-2508FD as I can't find a web site.

I read that non really last that long being they are on 24/7. Before that I had a PC card and still have 2 but the manufacturer has gone out of business and I can't seem to find instructions on how to install this Netpromax FX608. When I first bought it I had phone help setting it up. I was thinking on going back to a PC Card as it seems unless that card goes bad I can at least repaid the PC.

Is it true that there are no DVRs that last all that long?

7/24 must be a hard work. They do not ask for 7/24 for his car or TV or smart phones. It's good one if the DVR lasted a year and half, though most of them running more than 5 years. Get the DVR costing less U$50 on the internet. If it breaks, then buy the new one. Probably costing you less than U$40, by then. Plug and Play is default for analog system. No tech support needed once you experienced. Firmware updates/ New Apps, brahs brahs ... are all luxuries you have to pay. One more note: Buy the DVR that can record each camera in 960H or D1. Some DVRs are limited to CIF resolution that you have to avoid.

7/24 must be a hard work. They do not ask for 7/24 for his car or TV or smart phones. It's good one if the DVR lasted a year and half, though most of them running more than 5 years. Get the DVR costing less U$50 on the internet. If it breaks, then buy the new one. Probably costing you less than U$40, by then. Plug and Play is default for analog system. No tech support needed once you experienced. Firmware updates/ New Apps, brahs brahs ... are all luxuries you have to pay. One more note: Buy the DVR that can record each camera in 960H or D1. Some DVRs are limited to CIF resolution that you have to avoid.

I think I want something better than 960H. I gave been considering 1080P. At present I am still looking for a supplier who can provide me with a motherboard for the DVD I have now. It seems no one has any source of boards. There has to be some somewhere.

Good !!. But 1080P X 8 Ch could get you some problems (Network/Traffic/HDD/smooth decoding play back or spot monitoring, etc). But 720P X 8 Ch would be OK, which is Cheap and I recommend. Finally, I do not think you may come across the mother board for your OLD DVR.

Good !!. But 1080P X 8 Ch could get you some problems (Network/Traffic/HDD/smooth decoding play back or spot monitoring, etc). But 720P X 8 Ch would be OK, which is Cheap and I recommend. Finally, I do not think you may come across the mother board for your OLD DVR.

I don't understand why is it so difficult to locate the board. Could it be that no one in China knows how to repair DVRs and there wouldn't be any still unused? It's not like this was a $50.00 device. I can't even find the website of this Enterprise LTD-2508. A $750 unit.

You talk some bloody rubbish

What about 1080p X 16ch or 32ch do these not work anymore ?

I don't understand why is it so difficult to locate the board. Could it be that no one in China knows how to repair DVRs and there wouldn't be any still unused? It's not like this was a $50.00 device. I can't even find the website of this Enterprise LTD-2508. A $750 unit.

Give up...you wont find it. Its not worth it. Here is an HD over coax system with the LIFETIME return policy of costco

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-HD-Analog-DVR-with-2TB-HDD%2c-8-1080p-Cameras-with-130'-Night-Vision.product.100218592.html

Give up...you wont find it. Its not worth it. Here is an HD over coax system with the LIFETIME return policy of costco

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-HD-Analog-DVR-with-2TB-HDD%2c-8-1080p-Cameras-with-130'-Night-Vision.product.100218592.html

OK, I was afraid of that. Thanks for the link. I'll order one today.

Regards,

Al

If your wiring is Siamese BNC59/ 12v you should be able to use your old wiring. YMMV

You will be delighted by the video and night vision quality over the d1. The biggest complaint I've seen on various sites is the fan on the dvr can be noisy. I got a whisper quiet ball bearing replacement for $4.79 from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OFL1J8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

I also found ~$6 zoom lens replacements at 8mm, 12mm, and 16mm which gives fantastic facial recognition up to 80ft. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q8IHKE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

If your wiring is Siamese BNC59/ 12v you should be able to use your old wiring. YMMV

You will be delighted by the video and night vision quality over the d1. The biggest complaint I've seen on various sites is the fan on the dvr can be noisy. I got a whisper quiet ball bearing replacement for $4.79 from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002OFL1J8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

I also found ~$6 zoom lens replacements at 8mm, 12mm, and 16mm which gives fantastic facial recognition up to 80ft. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007Q8IHKE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Excellent. Thanks. I'll definable replace the fan. I also like the zoom lenses. I'll have to order several. I've seen them in the past but never considered them so it's nice to find someone that recommends them.

Regards.

Al

Hi again Boogieman.

Can you tell me if this unit has Email feature? If so, does it allow complete setup ability that enables email to be sent at long intervals such as only once when the motion activated? I installed a different system for a friend but it can only be configured for limited timing like one picture every 10 minutes or so. Way to many pictures that are totally unnecessary and no way to make changes from iPhone.

Thanks.

Al

Here is a pic of the fan attachment. I removed the old fan and screwed the new one right to the heatsink with machine screws. Make the red and black wires oriented as shown. You can splice the old fan's connector or switch the yellow and black wires on the new fan connector to end up as shown.

For the lenses, a drop or two of carburetor cleaner on the glue with a q-tip softens it for removal. The lenses just screw out and screw in for correct focus.

IMG_2419.JPG.44397d4b90db240c621f1fc393fe2bae.JPG

IMG_2420.JPG.484b3bf022a128231a78c0bb74ff9d44.JPG

P1030605.JPG.1d2a5e1ebee9097524712392598357f2.JPG

Hi again Boogieman.

Can you tell me if this unit has Email feature? If so, does it allow complete setup ability that enables email to be sent at long intervals such as only once when the motion activated? I installed a different system for a friend but it can only be configured for limited timing like one picture every 10 minutes or so. Way to many pictures that are totally unnecessary and no way to make changes from iPhone.

Thanks.

Al

I have no idea, call the manufacture and ask.

Here is a pic of the fan attachment. I removed the old fan and screwed the new one right to the heatsink with machine screws. Make the red and black wires oriented as shown. You can splice the old fan's connector or switch the yellow and black wires on the new fan connector to end up as shown.

For the lenses, a drop or two of carburetor cleaner on the glue with a q-tip softens it for removal. The lenses just screw out and screw in for correct focus.

[attachment=0]P1030605.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]IMG_2420.JPG[/attachment][attachment=2]IMG_2419.JPG[/attachment]

Thanks for sharing your ideas. I much appreciate what you did and it looks like what I'll be doing sometime soon. Some of the cameras I have don't seem to disassemble as easily as I thought. I'll most likely have some extras that I can experiment with and take my time.

Regards.

Al