Sign in to follow this  
fisma

analog cameras do not work with HDCVI

I had 16 chanel DVR which I replaced with KD-D4624H-CVI-72 24 chanel HDCVI. When I connect 16 analog cameras to KD-D4624H-CVI-72 I found that none of them works. What may be the reason? I changed some settings of my HDCVI machine hoping to resolve the problem. But everything is the same. Don't want to work What may be the reason?

I had 16 chanel DVR which I replaced with KD-D4624H-CVI-72 24 chanel HDCVI. When I connect 16 analog cameras to KD-D4624H-CVI-72 I found that none of them works. What may be the reason? I changed some settings of my HDCVI machine hoping to resolve the problem. But everything is the same. Don't want to work What may be the reason?

Hi you need CVI cameras to work with a CVI dvr. ... Standard cameras will not work unless it's a hibrid

Please allow me to explain. The HD-CVI decoder (RX) chip is owned and manufactured by Dahua. The chip may not be able to handle the conventional NTSC/PAL signal, which is output of analog cameras. (That I am not 100% sure of.) So the DVR have to add the NTSC/PAL decoder chip, meaning cost up, or simply not to support the coneventional analog cameras. That's why. You may have to find another DVR model or go for HD-AHD, or HD-TVI.

Please allow me to explain. The HD-CVI decoder (RX) chip is owned and manufactured by Dahua. The chip may not be able to handle the conventional NTSC/PAL signal, which is output of analog cameras. (That I am not 100% sure of.) So the DVR have to add the NTSC/PAL decoder chip, meaning cost up, or simply not to support the coneventional analog cameras. That's why. You may have to find another DVR model or go for HD-AHD, or HD-TVI.

Why has pal / NTSC been brought into this ..... Both CVI AND TVI are a digital output and has no reginal coding

Even going AHD OR TVI DVR the op would still have to change his cameras

Why has pal / NTSC been brought into this ..... Both CVI AND TVI are a digital output and has no reginal coding

Not really. TVI and AHD are back compatible with analog cameras (PAL/NTSC).

All TVI/AHD DVRs can support both TVI/AHD and PAL/NTSC cameras at the same time, so there is no need to replace all the cameras.

Some CVI DVRs can support both CVI and PAL/NTSC cameras, bot not all of them.

Not really. TVI and AHD are back compatible with analog cameras (PAL/NTSC).

All TVI/AHD DVRs can support both TVI/AHD and PAL/NTSC cameras at the same time, so there is no need to replace all the cameras.

Some CVI DVRs can support both CVI and PAL/NTSC cameras, bot not all of them.

How is TVI back compatible ? do you mean hybrid

The op does not have TVI CVI or AHD cameras so none will work for him

I don't mean hybrid, all TVI units are back compatible with analog video.

Any HDTVI unit will also take old analog cameras, and I am quite sure it is the same with AHD (I have never used AHD).

I don't mean hybrid, all TVI units are back compatible with analog video.

Any HDTVI unit will also take old analog cameras, and I am quite sure it is the same with AHD (I have never used AHD).

Even hikvision calls it hybrid or tribride. You still have to set each camera channel either TVI or analog

Even hikvision calls it hybrid or tribride. You still have to set each camera channel either TVI or analog

Call them what you want. HDTVI/AHD are compatible with analog video, HDCVI is not. So, as Sunnykim said, the HDCVI units that support analog video need a a PAL/NTSC decoder chip added, which increases the cost.

So there are HDCVI units that only work with HDCVI, and there are HDCVI units that work with both HDCVI and analog; while all HDTVI/AHD units work with both HDTVI/AHD and analog.

So this is not correct. If the op got a HDTVI/AHD DVR, he would not need to change his cameras.

Please allow me to add more:

HD-TVI was proposed and promoted by HikVision and TechPoint. HD-TVI decoder chipset is designed/manufactured by TechPoint. They know very well about technoloy of NTSC/PAL decoder. But I am Not Sure TechPoint is allowed to design NTSC/PAL decoder, Legally. Actually its founder was the founder of Techwell which was sold to Intersil. So the HD-TVI DVR may or may not carry a separate decoder (NTSC/PAL) for supporting the conventional analog cameras. But I know HD-AHD supports both HD-analog and NTSC/PAL with a single chip. That may explain the popularity of HD-AHD among Chinese DVR manufactures who counting every penny.

I was thinking if I select COAX from this menu, analog cameras will start working automatically. But even after selecting COAX it still doesn't work. What is the meaning of COAX in this menu?

1.jpg.4cf1332ae65f994117c3e28132ac1301.jpg

I was thinking if I select COAX from this menu, analog cameras will start working automatically. But even after selecting COAX it still doesn't work. What is the meaning of COAX in this menu?

It just means if you are using coaxial cable or UTP cable for your HDCVI cameras. It will not make analog cameras work with the unit.

If the unit is the one here linked above by Boogieman, it does not work with analog cameras, only HDCVI.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/download/20150605yocoqp.pdf