Wachhund

Specific Camera Request

Okay CCTV Gurus, here is a request from a residential client with a large house. He asked for 6 cameras for the exterior BUT will not accept any housings or domes. He prefers wireless, vari-focal bullet type cameras with heaters because of the fog situation he experiences near an estuary. Money is of course an issue...to a point. Although I have seen heated bullets and wireless, I have not found a heated, wireless, varifocal bullet. Do they exist? Is there possibly a compact, cylidrical housing I can get by with?

Thanks...

You'll need to use External Wireless .. either WeatherProof like the Video Comm equipment, or budget internal wireless TXs (which tend to overheat and burn up). . either way, to get any distance it will have to be seperate.

Rory

Thanks Rory,

What would you use frequency wise. The longest distance will only be about 40 - 50 ft. The house is in a semi-rural area without too much interference. I was thinking about an outside antenna, but I'm still at a loss for the "Heated" part of the camera. Will the outside bullets be adversely affected by the heavy morning fog problem? Also, do you know a distributor for those cameras in the U.S.?

Thanks-

Where would the cameras be mounted? Could you run a cable into the attic or a closet and mount the wireles TX in there? That way you wont need to spend on the high end weatherproof gear which are typically designed for 1 mile+

Check out http://www.videotransmitters.com/

You might want to contact them and see if their 900 Mhz will work, as its lower cost and can punch through walls better than the other Freqs.

http://www.videotransmitters.com/index.php?SCREEN=view_catalogue_level2&id=9&prod_ID=2

There is alot of budget wireless gear out there from OEMs but if its for a client I would steer clear of them. For personal use it wouldnt be such an issue.

There is also a company called Microtek that does wireless, you may want to do a search under Video Transmission Forum for posts on that.

Either way I would keep the camera seperate so then you can use any camera.

Rory

Thanks Rory...

I hit the submit by accident on the the last post. There is an attic space and a closet available. I'll check out the website.

Thanks for your help...

I would see if you can get it up high in the closet (attics get hot and not as easy to get to).. you dont want the signal to go through anything you dont have to . the less objects the better .. anything that contains water also blocks signals (eg. Humans also). Contact them and explain the location, where you will be placing the DVR/System relative to the location of the cameras .. and see what they can suggest.

Rory

My first comment is forget wireless. No point. Asking for instability. Should not be too difficult to run and hide wires outside of a house.

Sal-

I'm with you but the guy is a builder and lives in $2.8mil. spec house out in Bridgehampton -he's trying to sell and he does not want any tracks or drilling. It's one of those-I don't have much money but I want the fancy toys. A Pain in the a--. If it wasn't for the fact he now preinstalls our systems in his new construction, I wouldn't try to placate him as much.

I'll see if I can get some heated bullet cameras with vari-focal lenses.

Thanks for your input.

By the way...

I was by your shop in Merrick the other day. I was going to stop in to see what you guys have but I didn't have time. Maybe next week. Are you in sales or tech?

have you looked at APPRO?

follow this link

http://www.approtech.com/product/nvr/nvr-2028.htm

they have a network video recorder wireless, as well as "lan cams" that are wireless too. They also have housing with heaters in them for it.

Sounds like that may be a good solution for you. You can get varifocal lenses for them too.

By the way, we are in queens, NY if you should ever want to stop by our store. We have lots of equipment up on display.

Thank you.

Howard

SpyTown.com