Daryl733

AVTech DDNS Help !

Does anyone has any problem setting up DDNS with the AVTech newer DVR ?

Namely, CPD-503/505/507, AVC781/AVC783/785/787.

I've experience setting up DDNS services with various networks, routers, pc, etc. But just can't figure out how to get the DDNS services of AVtech to work.

Keying in the host, login name/password, etc. Check the server log on the DVR, it just say DDNS failed to update.

The DVR is connected to a adsl modem/router. DVR's set with a static ip address. Portforwarding's done, there's no problem accessing the dvr over the internet. The problem is that the modem doesn't have ddns function build in, and there is NO COMPUTER connected to the LAN, just this DVR and this DVR alone, so you can't use the download client to do the updating.

Chose AVC781 because it stated it support DDNS. But the problem now is that the DDNS does not seems to update the DDNS server, dyndns.

Anyone know where might had gone wrong ?

Someone further up the tech support locally tell me that it only support ddns when the DVR's set to dhcp/poe mode, and not in static mode. From what i understand, it shouldn't matter. If it's set to that mode and doesn't update, i shouldn't even be seeing the "DDNS failed to update" message in the server log of the DVR.

Can anyone help ?

You can use the application software (AP) to setup DDNS service.

After launch the AP, then click on system conf icon.

under Network section, choose DDNS submenu.

then key in those DDNS login info.

After that, DVR will update the ip info to DDNS server automatically

Yes, that's what i did. The serverlog in the ap shows "DDNS FAILED TO UPDATE", and i check the ddns services, it doesn't reflect the new ip as well.

Dont know, but you could use a Router and DDNS account entered in that.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3287

The router that the isp gave, for free, is a damm lousy prolink 9000C adsl modem. Doesn't have DDNS service in it. Doesn't even have DMZ as well.

Am trying to avoid changing the adsl modem as that means $$, but seems like got no choice.

Yes, that's what i did. The serverlog in the ap shows "DDNS FAILED TO UPDATE", and i check the ddns services, it doesn't reflect the new ip as well.

try to disable and enable it again.

that works for my machine.

if you receive "DDNS failed to update" all the time, check your ip address. AP can't update DDNS information, if the ip address hasn't changed.

Get a Linksys router. They have ddns support built in.

I know, but that still haven't answer my question.

The product claim that it support DDNS services, the service is there, but just can't get it to work.

Reason's some of the customer already have adsl modem cum router. Their existing router doesn't support DDNS. Proposing changing their ADSL modem cum router would mean increasing cost for them, and then also having to reconfigure their internet access for them. That would mean libility on our part as we had change the internet gateway for them.

If the DDNS on the DVR doesn't work, shouldn't it be removed from the product brochure/specs ?

The avtech support had given me instruction to set it up, but guess wat, the instruction stated configure the DDNS services on the modem/router. In this case/defination, all network dvr in the market can put themselves as supporting DDNS services. Had asked for further clarification, but since april till now had not receive any other replies.

Had tried enabling/disabling it quite a number of times already, no use.

Don't really dare to sell this feature to customer coz i don't have any confident of making it work.

I belive I can solve your issue without any more equipment. Log into the Modem/router and put it into bridged mode. (Search google for the model number) and then try to work with the linksys router.

Get a Linksys router. They have ddns support built in.

I know, but that still haven't answer my question.

The product claim that it support DDNS services, the service is there, but just can't get it to work.

Reason's some of the customer already have adsl modem cum router. Their existing router doesn't support DDNS. Proposing changing their ADSL modem cum router would mean increasing cost for them, and then also having to reconfigure their internet access for them. That would mean libility on our part as we had change the internet gateway for them.

If the DDNS on the DVR doesn't work, shouldn't it be removed from the product brochure/specs ?

The avtech support had given me instruction to set it up, but guess wat, the instruction stated configure the DDNS services on the modem/router. In this case/defination, all network dvr in the market can put themselves as supporting DDNS services. Had asked for further clarification, but since april till now had not receive any other replies.

Had tried enabling/disabling it quite a number of times already, no use.

Don't really dare to sell this feature to customer coz i don't have any confident of making it work.

write an email to CPcam. they do have tech support in U.S. and Canada.

support@cpcamcctv.ca

or just phone them for support: 1-778-219-9970

First of all my appologies for my english.

I´ve been reading this thread, i have the same problem here.

I need to use a DVR in a place with no router supporting DDNS, only ADSL MODEM and a Switch

I´m trying to configurate the DVR before taking it to that place.

In my scenario (where i´m trying to configurate) i have an ADSL with Dynamic IP that changes in 12 hours intervals.

Well, if i configure the DVR (AVTECH AVC-783) to use the Router Gateway, and configure the router port forwarding options. The DVR can be accesible from internet (using port 80 for example).

Scenario Settings:

Local Lan 192.168.1.0

Router IP 192.168.1.1

WAN IP Assigned by ISP trough PPPoE 200.40.25.215 (for example)

DVR IP 192.168.1.50

Gateway 192.168.1.1

So in this case the DVR has an Static IP.

But if i enable the DDNS function the strange thing is that the dyndns domain (created for the DVR) has the Router WAN IP. (200.40.25.215)

How could the DVR send the WAN IP of the router to the DDNS ?? (note that the Router doesn´t have a DDNS servide enabled)

If i see the DVR log, there is a record that says "DDNS Update OK" or something like that.

But in a second scenario

Local LAN 192.168.1.0

Gateway 192.168.1.1

Router IP 192.168.1.1

WAN Ip assigned by ISP

DVR Set to PPPoE mode

DDNS enabled

In this case I set the necesary options so the DVR should get a public ip directly from the ISP (My ISP provider gives me up to 2 public ip at the same time using the same user).

But when i apply the changes i can´t connect to the DVR anymore unless that i Reset to default the DVR settings using the AP Software.

After doing that, looking the DVR Log i can se a lot of DDNS update errors, but there are no PPPoE errors. Is the DVR establishing a a correct PPPoE connection? is getting the ip? how do i know which one is (because the DDNS doesn´t seems to work)?

I think that the AP program is very primitive (my version is 1.0.4.7), if you by mistake enter a wrong password (the DVR doesn´t ask for any password verification!) the DVR wouldn´t be connecting anymore to Internet!!!! so the only solution is to Reset to default and lose any previous setting. Luckily the DVR Log doesn´t be erased.

Is any upgrade firmware for this kind of DVR? I Couldn´t find any.

Thanks!!

I belive I can solve your issue without any more equipment. Log into the Modem/router and put it into bridged mode. (Search google for the model number) and then try to work with the linksys router.

Ding ding ding!

I had a thread about this not too long ago, no responces.

I have avtech without problem with ddns.

like kuocyj says you have that error if address dont change for your public IP.

I use a custom dns with dyndns and when I configurate ddns data in dvr in DNS field I use same gateway address, that is modem address in local network. I made test changing manually ip in dyndns and reset dvr and ddns change is done.

I hope my english is clear.

regards