cglaeser

Avigilon Site Networking

I monitor seven Avigilon servers using the Avigilon client. The IP address of one of the sites has changed. Each time I restart the client, the settings for that site have reverted to the old IP address. I have to re-enter the new IP address using Client Settings->Site Networking. How do I make the new IP address permanent?

Best,

Christopher

I monitor seven Avigilon servers using the Avigilon client. The IP address of one of the sites has changed. Each time I restart the client, the settings for that site have reverted to the old IP address. I have to re-enter the new IP address using Client Settings->Site Networking. How do I make the new IP address permanent?

Best,

Christopher

Chris,

CCTV forum for Avigilon questions

seriously

Best,

Christopher

Do you have a admin rights on the client computer? We have had this issues at one of our projects where the users don't have windows admin rights.

Best,

Christopher

Do you have a admin rights on the client computer? We have had this issues at one of our projects where the users don't have windows admin rights.

Been fixed

Best,

Christopher

Been fixed

Ok so what was the resolution?

Ok so what was the resolution?

The Avigilon Client creates a partially encrypted file for each connection in the sub-directory ./Nodes. The IP address of one of the connections changed, so I would remove the old connection and then add the new connection. Apparently, the Client did not delete the old file, so both files were in the ./Nodes sub-directory. Each time the Client was restarted, it would pull up the old connection first. Since the files are only partially encrypted, we could see the IP address of each connection file. We deleted the old file, and then it worked on the next restart of the Client.