jisaac

How would you design this system

This is purely a question on how would you cover this area. Open for suggestions.

the perimeter is 3,148 feet all the way around

I am specifically talking about the center lot. (not the buildings on the far left across the thin tree line). He is wanting to cover this area for general activity. I obviously wanting to use ptz's. These 4 areas are 4 different businesses. the big one is his own trucking business and lot. And the other are businesses that he leases to. But he still wants to cover the entire lot. There is no network between the buildings. its about 250 feet from the big buildiing to the other buildings.

Is he willing to spring for poles in his lot? Besides the obvious PTZ and motion tracking stuff, for the money he's going to spend, he may as well buy an old Soviet satellite (I think you can find one cheap on Ebay) and park it overhead...just a thought...

PTZ are a start. I'd also use NO/NC switches to PTZ events. There are some pretty good wireless (voice and DTMF combo radio's) activation swicthes available that you could use to wire the alarm positions of the PTZ so that if tripped the PTZ would focus in on the action. If interested let me know and I'll turn you on to the source. This is VHF/UHF equipment.

I DONT SEE YOUR ATTACHMENT BUT I ASSUME YOU NEED CONTROL OVER MULTIPLE BUILDINGS YOUR BEST BET WOULD BE TO PUT NETWORK PTZ CAMERAS IN EACH AREA AND I SAW A COMPUTER GUY ONCE USE THIS DEVICE THAT AS LONG AS IT IS WITHIN LINE OF SITE YOU CAN HAVE IT CONNCETED WIRELESSLY TO COMPLETE A NETWORK

IF THIS INTERESTS YOU LET ME KNOW AND I CAN TRY TO GET YOU MORE INFO

this was a post from april 20th. Not sure what happeaned to picture but it was a wide trucking storage lot. We ended up using a diamond blade saw and cut the concrete and hardwired ptz's on the end of the property.

Us ehte new Video Senry camera if budget is not an issue, it is like using 4 x 10 meagpixel cams and can cover a wide area with one camera, it allows an open view to be covered by one cam as apposed to using several and is abou the same price as multiple PTZ devices