Sign in to follow this  
sixsevenco

Individual consumer in US trying to buy Hikvision

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure why this is so hard. As an individual, why is it so hard to buy Hikvision NRVs in the US? According to "The Ultimate IP Camera Buying Guide", Lorex and Swann rebrand Hikvision. I've also been led to believe that Lorex and Swann are not always Hikvision product. Can someone point me to an actual website where I can see pricing and make a purchase?

Thanks!

Wow, an internet burn from 2009. You're a cleaver one, aren't you. While I'm sure my frustration came through in my original post, I came here for help. You were not helpful with your reply; you were being an a-hole. I'm new to this forum. If this is how newbies are treated, I'll take the hint and leave.

Yes, I've seen all of that on Amazon, etc... I am one to carefully read specs, descriptions, and reviews. A great deal of the stuff you find on Amazon appears to be older, discontinued, gray-market, or non-us variants of the hardware. I am looking to buy cameras specific to my needs. To accomplish this, I'd be buying from multiple resellers on Amazon, all with different return policies. For me it's not worth the headache.

Also, I've reviewed Hikvision's official Authorized Distributors. They all seem to focus on B2B and require a login before I can see pricing. Again, I am an individual consumer, so this doesn't really work for me. http://overseas.hikvision.com/us/distributionPartner.aspx?c_kind=43&c_kind2=45&c_kind3=56

Ideally, what I'd like is an online store that specializes in CCTV. As a frame of reference for home security I've been looking at: www.alarmsystemstore.com and www.aesecurity.com These two sites specialize in security systems, they've been in business for a while, and they will support me after my purchase. I won't get that from Amazon resellers or AliExpress.

If what I'm asking for doesn't exist, then fine. Please tell me that instead of being an a-hole. If I can reliably get what I want from a rebranded product in the US, that's OK with me too. In 2016, which brands are rebranded Hikvision? "The Ultimate IP Camera Guide" is from 2013, and the rebranded section is seemingly out of date.

To everyone but thewireguys & ssmith10pn:

I'm sure there are lots of nice people on this forum. (TomCCTV was very nice in a PM conversation.) I searched this forum, and didn't really find a good answer, and I can't be the only person with this question. If any of you can help, I would be very appreciative.

EDIT: I just noticed that thewireguys represents a business. LOL!!! Is this treatment of people how you represent your business to the outside world? Shameful. Just shameful...

Edited by Guest

Did you try ebay? I did a quick search but most of the sellers are from China. If you sort by sellers from countries, you might find a few North-American sellers.

Did you try ebay? I did a quick search but most of the sellers are from China. If you sort by sellers from countries, you might find a few North-American sellers.

Hi traderjay,

Thanks for a helpful response. I haven't, for the same reasons that I'm leery of resellers on Amazon. If something is broken or defective, I'd like the ability to return it without much hassle. Honestly, it's been many years since I bought something on ebay. If my perceptions are wrong, please let me know. It feels like there may not be good answer to what I'm looking for...

Thanks again,

Hi traderjay,

Thanks for a helpful response. I haven't, for the same reasons that I'm leery of resellers on Amazon. If something is broken or defective, I'd like the ability to return it without much hassle. Honestly, it's been many years since I bought something on ebay. If my perceptions are wrong, please let me know. It feels like there may not be good answer to what I'm looking for...

Thanks again,

its a bit tricker with hikvision i guess because they are made in China and one is not sure if they are grey market or not. I had good luck buying avigilon cameras on Ebay and because they are made in Canada, I am quite confident that there is very few knock-offs or fakes. I just purchase two avigilon 2MP PTZ dome and 5MP HD Bullet on ebay. All came in as expected brand new in box.

its a bit tricker with hikvision i guess because they are made in China and one is not sure if they are grey market or not. I had good luck buying avigilon cameras on Ebay and because they are made in Canada, I am quite confident that there is very few knock-offs or fakes. I just purchase two avigilon 2MP PTZ dome and 5MP HD Bullet on ebay. All came in as expected brand new in box.

Good info. I'll look into avigilon.

I was hoping to go with an "appliance" NVR so I wouldn't have to maintain it. I'm now considering setting up my own Blue Iris box.

Thanks!!!

Hi. Avigilon you will be happy with and you don't need blue iris for them.

I would also look at buying dahua over hikvision at the moment

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to those of you that tried to help. I received some help via PM that has set me on the right path.

PS - I'm wondering if distribution agreements prohibit re-sellers from publicly posting prices. Nearly all re-sellers that I found require a login to see pricing. There seems to be demand in the DIY market, so this is unfortunate.

This site let me quickly create an account without needing to fill out a credit app. It is appears to have what I'm looking for too. Thanks for sharing this. I think I've found another solution, but I will definitely use this site for comparison shopping.

Hi your best not using that site for comparison... Imported China cameras will be cheaper but come with China osd and not USA which gives problems

Can I ask why your stuck on using hikvision

This site let me quickly create an account without needing to fill out a credit app. It is appears to have what I'm looking for too. Thanks for sharing this. I think I've found another solution, but I will definitely use this site for comparison shopping.

Hi your best not using that site for comparison... Imported China cameras will be cheaper but come with China osd and not USA which gives problems

Can I ask why your stuck on using hikvision

Actually, the pricing at that site appears to be high (relative to amazon, ebay, etc), so I'll probably not use it at all.

I'm not stuck on Hikvision. I was under the impression that Hikvision or Dahua was the way to go, and that rebrands are ok too.

Wow.... I haven't posted on this forum in awhile and I didn't mean to offend anyone with my post. This place apparently doesn't have thick skin any more.

Finding Hikvision cameras on the internet is like looking for oxygen on planet earth they are everywhere. Most people are looking for Hik/Dahua are looking for the cheapest place to purchase them and warranty is not much of an issue with sub $100 cameras as it takes for effort to RMA them then just to buy a new one. If you are looking for low cost look at Amazon if you want support fine a local hikvision dealer and order from them. Warranty wise for Hikvision it depends on your dealer level. When we install Hikvision for customer they get a 5 year warranty but not all dealers get to offer that. Best of luck!

So what are the chances of getting the lead you got through a PM for somebody looking for the same answers? I always thought secret answers went against the "Forum" concept.

thanks

REMEMBER -

"if you don't play well with others,

you could end up playing with yourself"

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure why this is so hard. As an individual, why is it so hard to buy Hikvision NRVs in the US? According to "The Ultimate IP Camera Buying Guide", Lorex and Swann rebrand Hikvision. I've also been led to believe that Lorex and Swann are not always Hikvision product. Can someone point me to an actual website where I can see pricing and make a purchase?

Thanks!

I buy my US authorized Hikvision equipment from AV Supply

http://www.avsupply.com/MFG/hikvision-surveillance/hikvision-surveillance.html

They don't post prices. They will quote you prices on anything you ask about in email. They are very friendly and the pricing is comparable to what you find in the gray market. Darlene typically helps me.

If you know what you want this is an easy process.