catchem

Bosch Dibos vs Vidos vs Pelco Endura

Any one have any experience with any of these products?

Looking for an IP solution that has a solid video managment product (Virtual Matrix or IP decoder).

Now i"m finshing project with Pelco Endura. It looks nice. Of course, FIRST you should design good network with layer 3 managed swithes.

Any questions?

How many cameras did you install?

Any key features missing from Endura?

Any problems during install?

What did you use for video managment (ie. Video Console Display - Pelco part #VCD5000)?

Now it 20 Spectra domes, 2 domes per location. Future expansion up to about 100 locations.

Maybe, no maps....

Not finished software. Not all functions work. Not work on slow networks. Still waiting new SW version...

Now i use 5 Worstations WS5050 with KBD5000 and decoders. VCD officialy relased month ago, and we will use this part after 2 weeks.

Abaout instalation. It is a power distribution stations around our country. At ech small station are 2 Domes and encoders. 5 viewing locations in different cities. 2 recording centers.

Benefits: Good qulity. Real time recording. Small latency. Instant playback. With Spectra domes- 10 alarm inputs per encoder (7 on dome, 3 on encider)

Sorry for the delayed response.

How do you like the playback experience?

How does the Instant playback feature work?

Can you play the video in reverse?

I have not used the Pelco, but have used both Vidos and Bibos and both work very well.

The Dibos is a PC Based Hybrid machine with built in IP Decoding, so this means they can speak to almost any JPEG encoder and to their own VCS (now called BOSCH IP) encoding units, the beauty of that is that any analogue cameras that are onsite can be turned into IP traffic.

The other good part is it also accepts analogue streams and can do up to 30 Analogue streams and 32 IP streams.

It is embedded XP and I have had a few issues but nothing major!

As for Vidos, although I have used it before there really is no need for it anymore excepting very large jobs... the Dibos really put bosch in a tricky situation, the thing is that the Dibos IS a basically a VIDOS NVR and NVV with analogue recording.

What I am trying to say is that if you wanted to use VCS and Vidos you need to purchase a Vidos PC to do the NVV (Network Video Viewing) and a PC for recording (NVR) you need to purchase the two applications (well you used to when it was VCS and although it is more powerfull, you can do the same thing with the Dibos and at close to the same price (they had to keep the price up on the Dibos so they could still have sales of the VCS gear), so the Dibos becomes your NVR and NVV and also takes analogue, you just buy the more expensive viewing platform (almost the same as the Vidos software) and it can speak to the Dibos.

The instant playback is rather good, you can set it to display on the main screen and choose the time frame you want for instant playback (say 30 seconds) and you can leave it on so that if you miss something or catch it out of the corner of your eye you get to see it again in 30 seconds.

The other thing you may like is that you can control spectra domes on it and even control them over IP if used with the encoding unit.

It is still too pricey to be main stream and there are a few bugs, but they did design their own compression ships and they say...they can add features to this compression chip later like ..... Video Content Analysis.

*coughs* I normally try not to knock other sales people, but the moron who told you they would have have any kind of analysis at the compression chip is smoking something.

Why mess with any of these new guys when you have Video Insight who's been doing it For years .. banner at top ..

(BTW pelco is just rebadged anyway)

Yeh ...I agree Thomas, I even asked (very strongly) how they could fit that onto th chip itself, but the guy that was demonstrating it (and he seemed very knowledgable) said it was actually on the chip!

look I know the limitations, this is the main reason that Standalones are so lacking in features...windows is about 5 gig to install and that just does not fit onto an chip, so the OS has to be very small and therefore very limited.

But when I quized him he said it would have a similar chip to the IP camera itself and that this device already does content analysis within the camera, I too can not see how, i have seen it working (even depth perception) but it still looks to me that a CPU is needed to do this and therefore it is really done on the remote PC, but he assured me!

I will wait till I see him next and ask again!

Unless they did a massive amount of overengineering on the chip itself, I'm still calling bull****. Analitics require alot of cpu time and power. For a true embeded app you aren't going to have that much extra cpu power laying around unused.

Sorry for the delayed response.

How do you like the playback experience?

How does the Instant playback feature work?

Can you play the video in reverse?

Playback is the same, like live video. System records 25 fps each camera, then, after specified time, reduces it to 2 fps automaticaly.

Just turn back playback JOG/Shutle ring on Joystick cotroler. Reverse playback starts instantly. Playbazk speed depends on ring turning angle.

Anybody have any links or information on the basics of building the network to support IP camera's, bandwidth issues, ect? I have several customers wanting to design help on medium sized systems (16-100 camera's) - I know a little about networking, for instance does the 100meter length max apply ?

Forgive me for not being clear. It can be done on a chip. It's the flashing the firmware on a chip after the fact that I don't buy. Most of the chips used for this stuff are not multipurpose. They are generally designed to do one thing. Both companys you guys proposed are discussing add analitics at the design process or after the fact as an add on after the camera. They do not burn it to any of the chips on the camera as an after the purchace idea.