Hello. I have a 3 camera sistem. Few days ago I heard a strange noise from the DVR. Now it stopped but I don't have any image from the cameras. None of them. When I checked the last recordings it didn't show anything on my HDD. Any ideas what is wrong in the sistem?

Cheers

The only thing in your DVR that could cause a "strange" noise would be the hard drive. I would say its toast.

Plus fan

How long have you had the system? Most consumer grade DVR are notoriously bad with cooling and any HDDs inside just roast and roast until they die

I had it for 3y 1/2

About time the HDD kicks the bucket. Depending on the NVR model, the HDD inside is most likely an off the shelf consumer grade HDD that've withstood 3.5 years of 100% 24/7 write which is FAR more than any desktop application.

When you replace the HDD, be sure to use HDDs meant for surveillance such as WD Purple, Seagate Surveilance etc.

I had it for 3y 1/2

About time the HDD kicks the bucket. Depending on the NVR model, the HDD inside is most likely an off the shelf consumer grade HDD that've withstood 3.5 years of 100% 24/7 write which is FAR more than any desktop application.

When you replace the HDD, be sure to use HDDs meant for surveillance such as WD Purple, Seagate Surveilance etc.

Hi if your dvr is 3 years old I would buy the same hard drive as already in.

Not all standalone will run purple or so called surveillance drives.

I replaced the HDD with a purple WD. But now the DVR is not loading up to the menu and is restarting after every 5-10 seconds