galen

Static and dynamic ip's

I know some DVR's require a static ip to remote view or operate correctly. I have a dynamic ip. But like a DVR that has to have a static IP. Any solution? Thanks

Yes, like thomas said, get a static IP. You can often times get a static IP for less than $10/month.

If you cannot get a static IP, monitor your current IP and see how long till it changes. I have a dynamic IP at home and it hasn't changed for 6 months.

Its a wireless point to point network. Dynamic is all they offer. I have a download speed of 2.5 meg, upload of 760 kbps. So thats not an issue.

They are using a wireless network...but using dynamic IPs? Are they using PPPoE for connection or just DCHP?

Thanks AV. Thats what I was looking for. The isp I have seen price their static ip's for much more. So this works around that issue. I just found some software that works with some routers also.

No-Ip is a good choice but you have to have your computer on at all times for the software to update, but some routers will also update No-Ip, i use No-Ip all the time for most of my clients if they have no Static IP