Sign in to follow this  
trektrek

Help with an old CCTV unit

Hi,

I have a DVR9CTX/NW unit, and I can't find any information about it anywhere. It has a DVDR, a HDD caddy and an internal 200Gb HDD, boots from a 32Mb iDiskOnChip. 9 BNC inputs, one BNC main and one Call out, an S-video out and a long external IO connector - no VGA port. It also has USB ports, firewire ports, and an Ethernet port.

When I power it up, the system only displays thick vertical coloured lines on both the BNC and Svideo output. Towards the end of the boot process (which I can see happening from the LED on the motherboard and IdiskOnChip). the screen briefly goes a single colour, before returning to the coloured lines. The lights on the front of the unit begin to light up until they are all lit. I can then press the buttons on the front which happily respond, but all I ever get on either output are these thick vertical coloured lines.

It used to display the menu, but I cannot get it to display now (unless I am being really thick and have forgotten how it works). I can't access it via Ethernet either, as it doesn't appear to be on DHCP and I have no idea what the network settings are, never mind the port. I can't find a reset jumper on the motherboard either, so I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

If anyone has any info, I'd be very grateful.

Nick

The DVDR and No VGA may indicate the DVR is old. The video resolution may be limited to CIF with a reduced frame rate. New ones could be less U$50, on internet. You can watch the video on internet or smart phone. Buy a new one and save time and trouble.

The DVDR and No VGA may indicate the DVR is old. The video resolution may be limited to CIF with a reduced frame rate. New ones could be less U$50, on internet. You can watch the video on internet or smart phone. Buy a new one and save time and trouble.

" title="Applause" /> THOUGHT YOU SAID CIF DOES NOT EXIST

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50990