Jump to content

concealed verical rod exit device

Recommended Posts

Anybody have any ideas on best way to do an electric lock for concealed vertical rod locking device on double glass storefront type doors with no center post? Am I stuck with maglock and RTE motions? Really need a strike so they can use prox or key to enter and then just push the crash bar to exit. Can't see putting a strike in top and bottom of frame tho......


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing what you can learn on the internet if you have the time. Looks like you have to disable the bottom rod and put electric strike for the top rod.

Folger Adam makes a 310 series strike that will do double doors. The catch is it must have a Pulman type top latch or one must be added. Just my luck the doors I am quoting don't have this Pulman latch it has plain old straight rods. Now to figure out if I can change these doors to Pulman latch......

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if they want key entry and prox, but you have only glass doors I would recommend you do one of two things.


1. Maglock with Pin/Prox reader. Program the system if your system is capable to unlock on either entry. If they use there card they can get in if they use there pin they can get in.


Other Option


2. Maglock with Prox and a Key Switch. If they don't have there card they can use there key to open the door. If you tie in the Status to the Request to Exit you will also be able to log when they use the key.


No need to spend all the money on Folger Adams and other hardware.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now