febulous15

Error Running 2 Kodicom Diginet PC-DVRS in one network

I'm trying to run two units of 16 ch Kodicom Diginet in one network. So, this means that i have to change the default data and video ports, right?

Thus, I have changed 8080 >>> 9090, 8081 >>> 9091

However, after I logged in using Internet Explorer, it will pop up and error msg saying "WebDVR - Connection failed"

Have anyone succesfully ran 2 units of Kodicom Diginet PC-DVRs in one network? Mind to share?

The ports you changed were for the center program. For the web based server you need to change the port settings in Apache.

The ports you changed were for the center program. For the web based server you need to change the port settings in Apache.

I managed to change the port 80 >> 81 in the httpd and httpd.default files found in the conf folder of Apache. So do u have any idea where to change the ports for 8080 and etc in Apache?

Apache doesn't use port 8080 - 8090. It sounds like now you will need to do some port forwarding to separate the two DVRs in the router.

You will also have a hard time running the center software on the same ip#/router.

it may be easy and better to get another IP # (public) for the second DVR.

Once you configure the network settings to be different for both machines, port forward your router for each separately. Change one machine to use ports 9001-9010 and the other 8081 - 8090. Also, the web dvr needs an Axtive X download to work properly. If you use the center program on your network, it will work just fine.

Are you trying to look at them from inside the network or outside the network from the internet. No reason to change ports if you are inside the network just network IP address so the do not have the same address.

thanks for your help guys....however, the problem is eventhough i use localhost to test, the problem is there! if i dont change the default ports, localhost test is alright!

Am I too late? I hope not. Since I also have 2 different CCTV on my network, I have tried to find the sollution. Well, I have managed to solve an internal viewing problem but never tried it from outside yet. Ok. Here's how I did it...

Port forward the primary DVR as normal.

Portforward the secondary but in slight changes...

(portstart/end as what configured in dvr but the portmap I changed into others as below.)

80 - 85 (since most router uses 81 as their remote admin port)

8080 - 8180

8081 - 8181

8083 - 8183

8084 - 8184

8085 - 8185

8090 - 8190

3001 - 3111

3005 - 3115

6911 - 6091

Then I disable all firewall including the router's. (well I would prefer to put the software into an exclusion list so that the firewall will still working but it would be done later. Main thing is to get it working right...)

Try this. Hope it work for you.

I can change port

8080 - 8180

8081 - 8181

8083 - 8183

8084 - 8184

8085 - 8185

8090 - 8190

3001 - 3111

3005 - 3115

6911 - 6091

but please tell