MLinks

Blurred Images GV800 9 cams

I'm experiencing blurred images that look like the blur is moving and objects are distorted this system is in a gas station.

System spec's are: Dell GX240 SFF p4 1.7 (Intel chipset) desktop with 2 pci slots Nvidia Geforce MX 400 64mb probably uses Direct X. 7 256 sdram

320GB western digital, but some times the picture quality is good? I just don't get it. can it be that because this desktop is a Small Form Factor that the system is getting too hot and the GV card is acting up.

Also I started remote view and I networked another GX240 system same specks except this one has a ATI ultra 16mb agp. <-- as a client for the casher but the image on this system was even worse then the main DVR system.

I used a Cross over cable to network the two I tried a D-link router but there was absolutely no difference in picture quality.

Looks normal to me... im still learning about geovision, but i know in 7.0 and earlier the multiview software blurred things, with 8.0 the images are more clear when using remote software. I use the MultiCam remote viewer for 8.0 and its clear. I know if i use the multicast portion of the software like you are using, then things are blurry.

Try enabling TCP and using the Remote View software from the geovision website. You can use 8.0's remote view on older GV versions.

Aside from #7, which looks like the lens cover needs a cleaning, those images look fine to me.

It looks like you're recording at 320x240 though - setting the Video Source and your recording resolution to 640x480 would improve your image quality, although it'd cut your framerate by a factor of four.