echosan

Surveillance system and Camera Advise

Hello everybody

I need an advise. we have a grocery store and my boss want to put cameras and security system.

I think about Hikvision security cameras. Could you please help me pick camera type and specifications. We don't need to buy NVR. We need IP cameras to connect them through the internet to my remote location server. Or do you think Cameras with NVR is the best solution. If so can you give me a name of a good NVR

It's a small grocery store with three aisles we don't need high resolution cameras. We just need cameras to do the job

Thanks in advance

Hello everybody

I need an advise. we have a grocery store and my boss want to put cameras and security system.

I think about Hikvision security cameras. Could you please help me pick camera type and specifications. We don't need to buy NVR. We need IP cameras to connect them through the internet to my remote location server. Or do you think Cameras with NVR is the best solution. If so can you give me a name of a good NVR

It's a small grocery store with three aisles we don't need high resolution cameras. We just need cameras to do the job

Thanks in advance

This is oxymoron

You do need 2Mp and up to get decent picture

unless SunnyKim will tell you to get Analog cams

I recommend the Wiseupshop WP-SDVR104-K5-2 .

1.H.264 Compression Format 4Ch 1080P Realtime Recording Recording Resolution Adjustable Multiple Recording Modes Selectable

2.Support 4ch Playback at the Same Time Support 16x Fast-forward or Backforward in Max RS485 Interface 2x USB 2.0 Interface Support PC Client Software or CMS View

3.Support Smartphone View Support Event Email Notification Support 2x HDD Total 6TB in Max 3TB HDD Included Network Function

4.1/3" 2.1 Mega Pixel Panasonic CMOS Sensor 1920x1080P Full HD Video Output 3.6mm 3MP Board Lens IR Day/Night Vision

5.HD-SDI Video Signal Output WDR, 3DNR, BLC Functions Privacy Zone Motion Detection OSD Menu

I recommend the Wiseupshop WP-SDVR104-K5-2 .

That is some good old crap you are recommending... HD-SDI? Just the fact that it supports hard drives "up to 3Tb", when there are already 8Tb drives on the market, should give you a hint.

Like ak357 said, 2MP is your standard for 2016, so don't miss on that. HikVision is good a choice, while there are others like Honeywell and Axis which you can consider. Cameras with NVR is also a good option to work with, so that part of your plan is good. I'd suggest you to do your research on the models before making the purchase. You can find a lot a good and genuine deals here and there on the web.

Answer the question; who or what made 2MP "standard for 2016"?

Point is simple

In 2016 it is not worth to buy anything less then 2 Mp

Answer the question; who or what made 2MP "standard for 2016"?

2MP has been standard in all CCTV cameras since a long time, and even in 2016. In the age of 4K TV's and full HD cameras, CCTV manufacturers have upped their system to record higher quality videos, keeping 2MP resolution to 1080p video.

2MP in all cameras the equivalent of 1080p?

Yes 2MP is equivalent to 1080p. Probably, your smartphone shoot at 8MP(4K). So you see, our eyes need a full HD to make out things better on a monitor.

In fact, we had our video system(HD) replaced with a new 1080p recording system.