Sign in to follow this  
BillAk

NVR setup without router

I have a 4 camera setup in my router (4 static ip one in each camera) but since I need to shut down my PC I bought an NVR.

Another reason is because I need my cameras to be offline. So, we must not use the router because it is online.

My NVR does not transmit any WIFI signal (I thought it would) and I am stuck. I don't know how to setup the system now.

It should transmit a signal so I could tell the cameras to connect to this Wireless signal. But it doesn't!

Is there a tutorial for a router-less nvr system? How do I move on? Or maybe only some NVR's transmit signal?

I have a 4 camera setup in my router (4 static ip one in each camera) but since I need to shut down my PC I bought an NVR.

Another reason is because I need my cameras to be offline. So, we must not use the router because it is online.

My NVR does not transmit any WIFI signal (I thought it would) and I am stuck. I don't know how to setup the system now.

It should transmit a signal so I could tell the cameras to connect to this Wireless signal. But it doesn't!

Is there a tutorial for a router-less nvr system? How do I move on? Or maybe only some NVR's transmit signal?

Hi. A 4 way network switch is all you need ..... It will replace your router

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-GS105UK-Gigabit-Unmanaged-Ethernet/dp/B0000E5SEQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1467885768&sr=1-1&keywords=4+port+gigabit+ethernet+switch

https://www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-GS105UK-Gigabit-Unmanaged-Ethernet/dp/B0000E5SEQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1467885768&sr=1-1&keywords=4+port+gigabit+ethernet+switch

Thank you for your quick reply. Do switches like this transmit wifi signal?

My cams are outside the house and it's impossible to run them through ethernet cable.

Thank you for your quick reply. Do switches like this transmit wifi signal?

My cams are outside the house and it's impossible to run them through ethernet cable.

No. If you need wifi then your other option is to just use another wifi router and not connect it to your network