RichTJ99

known issues with Intel 845 chipset & Geovision?

Hi,

A few months ago I installed a GV-900 card in my wifes Asus p4pe (845 chipset) PC. It has a 3ghz processor, 1 gig of ram, Nvidia 5400 card.

I was getting some serious lag with her PC.

I built a 3.2ghz PC overclocked stable to 4ghz. It is a Asus p4w (something brand new), with 2 gigs of ram, & a 150gb raptor hard drive with an ATI X1800 video card.

This was smooth as silk. It was also hooked up to a PC monitor downstairs & a 50 inch Plasma TV.

I wanted to use the new PC for my own computing instead of a dedicated server.

I ended up getting another P4PE mobo, 1 gig of ram, an ATI X800 video card, and a 2.8 ghz intel processor.

I just installed windows & the GV system files and I am getting some serious video lag with the recordings again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich

I have abit A17 motherboard with 845 chip,P4 3GHz , 1G DDR. I was Getting lag when playback at X 4 or more. Yes 845 chip is slow and also depends upon what compression codecs you used. I get serious lag if I used H264. As it uses more cpu resources.

Hi,

A few months ago I installed a GV-900 card in my wifes Asus p4pe (845 chipset) PC. It has a 3ghz processor, 1 gig of ram, Nvidia 5400 card.

I was getting some serious lag with her PC.

I built a 3.2ghz PC overclocked stable to 4ghz. It is a Asus p4w (something brand new), with 2 gigs of ram, & a 150gb raptor hard drive with an ATI X1800 video card.

This was smooth as silk. It was also hooked up to a PC monitor downstairs & a 50 inch Plasma TV.

I wanted to use the new PC for my own computing instead of a dedicated server.

I ended up getting another P4PE mobo, 1 gig of ram, an ATI X800 video card, and a 2.8 ghz intel processor.

I just installed windows & the GV system files and I am getting some serious video lag with the recordings again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rich

I believe it was another issue .. Intel is the only recommended chipset, though some versions of the cards such as the GV250 - GV800 can work on a couple others, GV250 can work on just about anything as its a generic card basically, i was able to get GV800 working on a SIS. Note though, its an Intel Chipset that is recommended, not just the CPU type.

ok.

While we are on the subject, what chipset versions have people had the best luck with. 845(by the first post in this thread) isn't that good.

Are nforce chipsets bad?

I've good success installations of GV 600-GV 800 on all intel 865PE chipset motherboards (Gigabyte/ASUS/MSI). and GV1120 / GV1240 on intel 945G chipset motherboards (main Gigabyte).

I also have good experience with mobo with SiS chipset for all GV600-GV800 cards, and once in Via board with AMD processors for GV600-8.

Ben