CraigVM62

Advantages of USB option on "cheaper" DVR

I have an install where there is a very limited budget to record 12 cameras. In looking over some very budget oriented DVR's I found one that promotes it's USB connection not only allows for hook up of external drives, but ability to upgrade the firmware of the DVR if ever needed. I am wondering if this truely is something that could come into play and provide an advantage ???

I am not certain if we can provide direct links to retail websites. The seller is CCTVFactory if anyone is interested in doing a search to see the 16 channel DVR I am looking into.

If you have a couple usb hard drives that you'd like to transfer video over and store, then this USB option will work great for you.

That DVR is okay, there are many different variations of that same unit. Some of them have a horrible search function thus making it very hard to find a particular event to playback.

Before purchasing, ask what their return policy is! Always remember, you get what you pay for and even when your on a budget, make sure you do your homework!

Usually,USB is used to download the file to your flashdrive.

If your DVR support USB CD-RW,why not the factory install the CD-RW directly?

BTW:Some DVR support USB mouse and keyboard.

Well, 250GB HDD on motion recording will most probably give you around 7 days & the remote view is very slow. It's Mjpeg. I've seen a lot of variations on this DVR with different front panel but I think all of them is OEM from Korea. If your customer can live with the the above shortcomings then it should be ok!