mikemihai89

Day/Night IR cams WITHOUT built in IR (Suggestions Pls)

What keywords should I search for or what do you recommend in terms of:

-Outdoor Surveillance Cameras with

-POE connectivity (BNC ok if POE impossible between $30-$200 per camera)

-Outdoor rated ip66 or better (ip 65 only if warranty ok's rain water)

-Day/Night capable is a must

-NO IR LEDs inside the camera (attracts bugs, and has glare when objects are close in view, does not illuminate evenly

-Capable of recording in LOW light with IR LEDs placed externally (IR flood lights)

I struggle finding any cameras online with these features.

Thanks in advance for your help

It will be easier to find outdoor rated cameras with built in IRs , in your price range, most if not all allow you via software to disable the IRs so you would still have a day night camera and you could use your external light source.

Several of my customers are using easterncctv's starlight ip cameras. they give you color image in extremely low light condition, ip66 and poe.

They come with built in IRs though, i guess you can turn them off manually.

Some other manufactures have similar products too, but i haven't tested them yet.

Thanks,

That is what I will do. Was hoping there was another way.

I'll just find some cheap but decent 90*-120* FOV IP POE cams from china and use the internal LED's at first till I can eventually afford buying the separate IR flood lights.

Alternatively I could void warranty and take out the internal LEDs to DIY my own flood lights with solar and battery power. That would be a neat idea for a DYI, I have all the tools I need. If I get to it I'll make an instruction video.

P.S.

Also for those of you businessmen out there, providing this nieche need of affordable day/night IR cams with external IR sensors might be pretty lucrative. I'm on my 3rd full house setup and wish I could find exactly that. This new system is for a friend.

Anyways, thanks again guys.

I don't know why the Chinese seem to think everyone wants/needs built in IR illumination.

They usually do a poor job, create a halo effect (unless designed properly), add unnecessary expense, power consumption & complexity to the camera.

Another reason I prefer box cameras other than quality and lens choices.