Sign in to follow this  
baspinall

A couple Hikvision 9632 NVR questions

First off I am a newby to the technical side of the camera world. I have been installing them for years for a company but don't do much past just that.

I am new to this NVR. I have only worked with servers for cameras in the past. A couple question if I may.

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/...8524985525.pdf

1. Am I correct in assuming that the two LAN ports on this NVR can be used to connect POE switch's? I guess it just stops you at 32 cameras?

2. Can I get two monitors to run simultaneously? I have a spot monitor I need to run and loop four camera feeds to. I also have a monitor that will show all the cameras (17-24 cameras so far). For the second monitor I can't use a PC with the VMS software it has to be a monitor. I was thinking HDMI for one and VGA for the second unless there are distance issues. Both monitors are roughly 120 ft. away from the NVR.

3. I called Hikvision and voiced my concern about bandwidth issues. The highest upload speed we can get here is 12K. They said I should be ok ....... These cameras are all 3 & 4 meg. Seems that if I have three or four people accessing these at the same time I may have an issue. Your thoughts?

Thank you for any insight. I have to install this system pretty soon.

Brian

First off I am a newby to the technical side of the camera world. I have been installing them for years for a company but don't do much past just that.

I am new to this NVR. I have only worked with servers for cameras in the past. A couple question if I may.

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/...8524985525.pdf

1. Am I correct in assuming that the two LAN ports on this NVR can be used to connect POE switch's? I guess it just stops you at 32 cameras?

2. Can I get two monitors to run simultaneously? I have a spot monitor I need to run and loop four camera feeds to. I also have a monitor that will show all the cameras (17-24 cameras so far). For the second monitor I can't use a PC with the VMS software it has to be a monitor. I was thinking HDMI for one and VGA for the second unless there are distance issues. Both monitors are roughly 120 ft. away from the NVR.

3. I called Hikvision and voiced my concern about bandwidth issues. The highest upload speed we can get here is 12K. They said I should be ok ....... These cameras are all 3 & 4 meg. Seems that if I have three or four people accessing these at the same time I may have an issue. Your thoughts?

Thank you for any insight. I have to install this system pretty soon.

Brian

My Wapa systems also has two network ports. But, 1 is supposed to go to your router (to link to the internet for remote view) and the other one goes to the POE switches. This way you will have your cameras separate from the network of the company or home, which is a good thing. Will stop IP conflicts and bandwidth issues....but that depends if your system works this way.

I understand keeping the networks separate. I guess another area where I am confused is how to I put one of their existing network PC's on my network so I can put iVMS software on it? It has to stay on their existing network and be on the camera network correct?

Yes I'm a bit in over my head LOL.