rory

Split up Kaltel DVR recorded Files - look here

If you have a saved file, say if you saved 16 cameras recorded and saved to your computer using Disk Analysis, but only want one of them, or a selected few, to cut down on the file size?

I have some software that will do that if you cant do it yourself. Anyone interested PM me.

For eg. If the file saved has 16 cameras, and it is 200MB, and you only want 2 cameras, we can resave the file so there is only 2 cameras, and the size will be considerably lower, same times and dates. We can even cut it up so it starts at a certain time/date, and ends at a certain time/date.

Great for evidence sharing.

Rory

Rory,

Are you talking about the "File Split Utility" from Kalatel?

yes its called Split Wave, but it is not on the CD nor their web site.

Wavereader software:

Is there anyother possibility to save *.60d files, other than via the 'Disk analysis Tool'.

Can these files e.g. be saved directly from the advanced search function.

It ain't exactly very interesting, to go always first seeking for the video in the search menu, and later on doing a research in the Disk analysis.

Maybe, anyone has got a smarter solution?

Many thanks

hi

Doesnt seem so. I could write a small program for this, if you wanted.

Would need a couple days. Ill need the function for my other software im still developing anyway, so thats not a problem. Would just be connect to IP, search and display a list of results, save event by right clicking.

I agree, would be nice to just be able to right click, save file as 60D file.

Rory

would be nice to have a forum or section on this forum just for Kalatel DVRs, I think it would draw alot of attention, there is none that i know of anywhere.

Rory

Come on now, if that's the case then anyone here that uses a particular DVR would want their own section.

Remember, Larry does not pay to have this site up and running, so let's try and keep the forum as small as posible until we can figure out how to help the guy out.

Actually, I want all dealer's to look at a post about this topic that I made on the dealer's forum.

Thanks!

i see split wave is in the latest wave reader zip file. Oh well. 58MB download though!