michele

Everfocus Cameras Running Hot

I work for a security company in Maine, typically we use Pelco and Panasonic cameras because we have found them to be tried and true. We used Everfocus exterior cameras ED350s and had several burn out because the power supply was putting out 26v instead of 24v, but we've used those power supplies before and never had a problem with other cameras. The everfocus interiors also run very hot - has anyone else had this problem? Our distributor claims we are the only ones this happens to.

Our distributor has also recommended Nuvico cameras and while they seemed to be priced great, we worry now about compromising quality for low pricing - I'd appreciate any feedback on this anyone might have.

Thanks - Michele

Is that 26v measured with the camera connected or disconnected? Its usual for a crappy supply to show a higher voltage when their is no load, but return to normal under load.

Do the cameras not have a spec sheet, with a tolerance rating (+ and - percentage max voltage they can take)

We've installed many ED350s without incident. We usually use an Altronix or Napco power supply box but we have on occasion used individual power supplies. MGI seems to be a reliable power supply. Test yours under load to see if it drops. Here is their contact info if you want to ask them directly about a problem:

Email: techsupport@everfocus.com

Phone Number: (626) 303-3166 (Option 2)

Technical Support Services are available Monday - Friday 6:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time.

Just used a bunch of nuvico's domes - varifocal, AI. Of the dozen, several had to be returned when we noticed that the picture was coming in and out as we handled them. The service cord is really basic and you end up moving the frame when you pull the cord out. I'd go elswhere if I had to do it all over again.

I'm always on the look out for cheaper and better but there's no value in something that causes time lost in labor.