guy999

replacement DVR 16 channel just to stream my analog cameras

I have a 5 years old 16 channel dvr that seems to be done for, it just keeps rebooting over and over, and since I no longer store any video on it anymore, and simply use it to stream over to my blue iris pc.

I'm planning on upgrade my 16 analog cameras to ip so I don't really want to spend a bunch...

currently i have a qvis which is guess is a dahua clone, it works fine, so something like that would be good, but i don't really need much else.

any suggestions?

Hi. I would look at the qvis Quattro and you can use any format .

Why are you using blue iris as well ??

i have 3 ip cameras also and the blue iris app on the iphone and on the pc is so much better than mypss and local login, also I have a homeseer home automation and blue iris has a plugin for that. overall just a really good application.

but i have to also keep the dvr to output coax because i have that connected in my house to 8 tv's as well.

New DVRs for analog camera can output the compressed bit stream through its Network Interface. That becomes the same as using 16 IP cameras.

New DVRs for analog camera can output the compressed bit stream through its Network Interface. That becomes the same as using 16 IP cameras.

Don't you mean the dvr is networkable ???

It is nothing like 16 IP cameras

so no qvis dvr... any other ideas, apparently you can't buy qvis dvr anymore at least on my google searching.

so no qvis dvr... any other ideas, apparently you can't buy qvis dvr anymore at least on my google searching.

Qvis is largest in Europe and are makers there is no problem buying and are the only company to sell cvi tvi IP analog all on one unit

Qvis is largest in Europe and are makers there is no problem buying and are the only company to sell cvi tvi IP analog all on one unit

hmm i looked on different places, amazon, etc, but i never found it...

i did find this one, looks like it might work.... pretty cheap so i might buy it jst for an experiment.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KKMOON-16Ch-960H-D1-CCTV-Network-Standalone-H-264-HDMI-Security-System-N93R/311511789115?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D39035%26meid%3Dcf892930d0d545a29b60e6bba3044942%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D291557456084