Sign in to follow this  
thewireguys

Hikvision is owned by the Chinese government

Do you care?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care?

• Yes
    • No

Mr Chen Zongnian was excited and thankful: “President XI’s visited means a full appreciation and support for CETC group and HIKVISION. As a state- owned company, we understand that reform and transformation cannot be accomplished in one day and should continue. In the future, we will still do our best to fulfill our mission and take responsibilities for our society and government.”

http://en.cetc.com.cn/enzgdzkj/news/408460/index.html

Edited by Guest

Hi. It as been known for over 2 years hik is state owned ..... Ezviz is a trade mark of hikvision also government owned ....... They stole the ezviz name from a USA company.

Hik has also been involved in the copy of go pro products ..... And using the name GoPro China .... Something USA GoPro can't do anything about. It's not competition it's theft..... China government will use existing company names to sell there products.

Not only cameras ..... Hummer and Lincoln cars are also inline of product theft .

4 years ago BMW tried to take China government to court over copy of X5 car and BMW lost.

People wonder why the tax goes up when they buy China government products. People need to protect there own country products.

image.thumb.jpeg.b53d909ad07daf9f37e43e61dba38814.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.006b33e35fca649c90ed0e8f603be663.jpeg

My Mayor Electric rep was all excited they picked up Hikvision. I said to him "You know it's owned by the Chinese government right?"

That took all the wind out of his sail.

It doesn't concern me because I/we don't buy Hikvision products.

Also, Hikvision is now wholly owned by the Chinese government - they own 42%.

Well I'm not buying any more HikVision products after buying their top of the line and it has NO AUDIO. A $1,000 camera with NO AUDIO? Ridiculous.

Anyway, it's a shame that all conservatives have forgotten that it is and always has been RED CHINA. What company is not owned by the state there? In sending practically all of our manufacturing jobs there, we have also transferred hundreds of $billions in our technology to them FOR FREE, which took us decades to develop. But we're all too stupid to realize this.

I heard on NPR today that even Chinese students here are rooting for Trump as they think he will bring us down, helping them. News for them: I think he'll put tariffs on their goods and stop our massive tax credits FOR OUTSOURCING TO THEM, like should have been done decades ago.

PS: They've just shown off their new STEALTH FIGHTER. They will become a massive problem soon, and it is our fault.

Same with EZVIZ .... GOVERMENT data collection. P2P and China cloud services

Just as a worldwide country warning that is about to go one the news

300m memory /stick/drive/pens. For American market found to hold data to create another dos attack ...... As soon as installed into USB it infects....... So can't even test first. ..... So next time you see cheap memory sticks for sale at a gas station give them a miss.

Be interesting to see what happends to Mobotix now it's in China hands

Hilton hotel group was American owned till last month ..... Free lolly pop too who can guess who's hands it is in now

The problem is that people just care about price. Genetec dropped Hikvision support and it seems like quite a few people have caught wind of that news and it's starting to get peoples attention.

Some people just want 8 cameras and to shove an NVR in a closet and at the Hikvision price point - it almost seems like a no brainer.

The problem is that people just care about price. Genetec dropped Hikvision support and it seems like quite a few people have caught wind of that news and it's starting to get peoples attention.

Some people just want 8 cameras and to shove an NVR in a closet and at the Hikvision price point - it almost seems like a no brainer.

That was the case until China government restructured hikvision remote services like hik ddns ..... No longer owned by hik the other is p2p and cloud offered BT ezviz. A data collection network for China government

Hikvision are not bothered about the copy hik market or gray market and in turn distributors are dropping there systems ..... Hik has got themselfs into a big mess

My main concern with this is the fact that Hikvision (Chinese Government) could have millions of devices to us a BOTs to attach financial and critical infrastructure. This was demonstrated by the Mirai botnet using Dahau products (and others) for the largest DOS attack in the history of the internet.

"OMG! The Australian government owns the entire National Broadband Network!!"

http://www.nbnco.com.au/corporate-information/about-nbn-co.html

In my mind, a company has to exist somewhere. If you disagree with policies/politics and want to vote with your wallet, go for it! That's your choice.

Personally I think it's a bit like the 9/11 conspiracy crap to claim that the EZVIZ and other options in the product are part of a Chinese Govt "plan". Are they going to ask for 1 Million Dollars? (cue Michael Myers). Anyway, there's much easier ways to build a bot net... or get pictures of random driveways in the western world (streetview?).

I've always disabled the DDNS and cloud stuff, because I'm not about to trust any 3rd party with that kind of stuff. But I'd be doing that whether the cameras came from a company owned by Trump, Kim Jong-un or some awesomely trustworthy local guy down the street.

I just don't see the jump from the political preference of some not to buy brand X, to the warning that no-one else should by brand X either. Folks have chopped apart the firmware so much that I would have thought we'd find a smoking gun by now, if there was one. I'd need a bit more proof and detail of nefarious intent... either that, or a cheaper camera with better capabilities.

Be interesting to see what happends to Mobotix now it's in China hands

Really?? Last I checked Konica Minolta was Japanese.

I think most people know Minolta is Japanese......... I'll put it another way for you

The arm of Minolta CHINA took over mobotix

I think most people know Minolta is Japanese......... I'll put it another way for you

Where did you see Minolta CHINA took over Mobotix? Like many non-Chinese companies, they might have a factory in China but this person is not Chinese:

https://www.mobotix.com/other/Company/News/News-2016/Yuji-Ichimura-New-Chairman-Of-The-MOBOTIX-Supervisory-Board

Where did you see Minolta CHINA took over Mobotix? Like many non-Chinese companies, they might have a factory in China but this person is not Chinese:

https://www.mobotix.com/other/Company/News/News-2016/Yuji-Ichimura-New-Chairman-Of-The-MOBOTIX-Supervisory-Board

Are you talking about the person or the product ???

Tim Cook is American .... Yet his products are made in China .