GECAMGUY

Looking for Camera Beta Testers (CCTV Forum Exclusive)

GE is about to release it's 500+ TVL camera line, and I've got beta units coming in next week (so they tell me)

I'm looking for about a dozen integrators that are willing to test, play around with, kick the tires on, and report back to me what they think of these cameras.

I have two basic models you'll be testing:

GEC-HDR1 - This is based on the SS2 WDR Chip. It's 500 TVL color and 520 TVL B&W

GEC-EVR1 - This is based on the SuperHAD HQ-1 architecture. It's 540 TVL color, 570 TVL B&W.

Both are traditional "Brick" cameras and both have full digital GUI programmibility.

All beta samples will be yours to keep and do with what you will after the beta test is over. The beta test will run 4-6 weeks and you will be required to give a once per week update on your experience with performance, setup, etc.

If you are interested, please email me at Jason.Spielfogel@ge.com with your company name, your name, address and phone number.

This offer is for Integrators that are already customers of GE Security only please (including customers who purchase our products indirectly through distribution).

Thank you,

GECAMGUY

Oh and P.S. in a couple of months I'll have IP cameras for you to beta test too, so stay tuned.

well you know im in Id love to try them. Just tested some new Extreme cameras a few minutes ago someone brought them by here .. i have the perfect area to test cameras .. anyway will post pictures when they come back with a Digital Camera ..

btw, should we move this to the dealer section ..? Also are you in that section yet, if not let me know ..

also .. has GE thought about anything similar to the Sanyo Pan Focus camera yet ..? I know there is a Korean Manu that makes a similar product to it and noone is carrying it yet in the US ... simply you give someone a True day night dome .. they mount it in Egypt or somewhere ,, and using some custom software you can focus it remotely using the Zoom Module .. and also they have an IP module .. no I havent tried it yet, just read the brochure .. the main thing they are promoting it for is that as a varifocal lens ,, you dont have to focus it .. just manually adjust the zoom ..

Now my ultimate Dome Camera is this ...

1-Day Night

2-Mech Filter

3-Exview

4-WDR

5-0.1 lux Color

6-0.01 Lux BW

7-Dual Voltage

8-Polarity unsensitive

9-Auto Iris

10-Zoom Module w/ Protocols (or activeX)

11-IP Module (why not)

12-Exterior Locakable Area (for adjustments)

13-Zoom Specified by Installers come Preset (so no adjustments)

The Lockable area is accessible from the outside with a key of sought .. where you can plug in a monitor out cable and make lens and camera adjustments .. without ever needing to remove the dome cover (mostly for maintenance)

And the activeX for the zoom module would be nice so we could develop custom software that also works with these cameras ..

My only beef with the box cameras is the set up is too much work

(housings etc ...)

Hmmm ..

Rory

Rory,

Wow great feedback.

As far as putting it in the dealer's forum, that's up to you. Last time I tried putting something somewhere else, you moved it to the camera forum, so it's entirely up to you where you think this should go.

I did get a lot of replies from having it in this section, but hey, the more the merrier.

I need to pick your brain for more feature requirements but your VOC (Voice of Customer) has been very helpful thus far.

Thanks,

-Jason

What about us Distributors?? If not I have some locall customers who I install with on the weekends.

I'm one of those local customers that would like to try them out.