I have a house that is pretty old with a crawl space that isn't very accessible. Even if I ran wires in the crawl space... I am trying to avoid drilling multiple holes through all of my exterior walls. So I decided running conduit outside of the house is probably my best option. I picked up a 4 camera 8 channel package and installed one camera to monitor my front door. But now I am confused as to what diameter of conduit I should be running for the rest of the cameras. If I am using bnc connectors (http://nightowlsp.com/products/cables-accessories/cables/cab-24awgg-100vp.html [link meant for identification purposes since I am new to this and have no clue how else to describe it]) what diameter of conduit would you suggest for 3 wires? What about 7 wires if I would like to add more cameras? Would running a larger diameter main and splitting it to smaller diameters with a junction box be a reasonable idea? Thanks in advance.

having the bnc ends already on the cable is going to make pulling wires through holes and conduit very difficult. Typically people run cables (whether coaxial or cat5) without an end on it. Then crimp on the ends at the location of camera. To fit 7 cables with ends on it, you'd need a pretty good size conduit, probably at least 1-1/2".

Thanks for the reply. I am going to do some more research now and I am sure I will have more questions. This is a cheap system that has a wire soldered to the center pin and another soldered to the casing for a ground (I cut it apart). If I can run actual coaxial cable and (https://www.anixter.com/en_us/products/FSNS6BNCU-25/BELDEN/Coaxial-Connectors/p/FSNS6BNCU?utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=s_dc~106968659190~~&gclid=CLPFraCrs9ICFdi1wAodX1QKrQ) do something like this... As long as it has the same connection it will work? I will be trying to figure out the difference from rg6 and rg59 but I have to get some sleep for now. Again, thanks for the help.

Hi. Keep it simple and use cat5 ...... The link you posted for the cable .... Is cheap rubbish and is not suitable for CCTV.

Conduit around your house ..... Can look a mess but if you have to use it again cat5 will allow you to use the smallest conduit possible

Cat5 you can get 4 cameras down 1 cable ...... Or 2 cameras plus power .... You need 4 feeds that is only 2 cables.

Even cheap kits can do a reasonable job but as Tom has suggested a cheap kit running on cheap unsuitable cable is a recipie for dissappointment. While I'm not a big fan of cat cable because of its poor physical integrity, it can certainly come to its own if you have a few cameras co-located. In Aust there is a standard that conduit should not be more than 40% filled.