dj29152

Is this good quality?

alright pictures are in... to me this is bad quality

Camera: NVCC-HD http://www.nuvico.com/product_detail.asp?strCategoryCD=CC001&strModel=&prod_cd=NP0024&Page=1

45210_1.jpg

45210_2.jpg

45210_3.jpg

45210_4.jpg

Camera: http://www.cctvspecialty.com/coinhirebuca.html

45210_5.jpg

45210_6.jpg

Camera: NVCC-W28IR12N http://www.nuvico.com/product_detail.asp?strCategoryCD=CC001&strModel=OUTDOOR%20BULLET%20IR%20CAMERAS&prod_cd=NP0039&Page=1

45210_7.jpg

45210_8.jpg

Camera: http://www.cctvspecialty.com/1webucawsose.html

45210_9.jpg

Camera: http://www.cctvspecialty.com/codoinwaca48.html

45210_10.jpg

btw i am definately NOT buying from www.cctvspecialty.com again.

ok but see what i mean.... like in the pic u cant see the fuzzyneed but even though look how poor the quality is.. jagedy edges ...just poor..

is it that we are using wrong cabling? different way of crimping the BNC? making a proper BNC connection? to my best knowledge i know that if there is a problem it would have to be with the cabling/connectors

what do you guys think?

What is the brand on the DVR?

The pics look a bit lowres.

Edit: Ahhh, Rory covered it all in the other thread.

Well, to start, the first set of pictures, you are allowing the camera to pick up the flourecent light, that drives the CCD crazy, move it a little out of the way to see if it helps.

For the rest of them, they are not good cameras, expecially the one that's looking into the window, the camera is not a Wide Dynamic, which is why the glare is there.

tthanks for the input

but the edging on the items and people is that interlace?

would that go away if i tunrned on de-interlacing?

also i need to have that camera point to the window but primarily to the door to see whos coming in and going out.

any options to change in the geovision software

yea it i plugged into a UPS i dont know the model number because they bought it after we left.. i can get the model # soon ... in a few hours

but basically all cams come into a power supply and then the wire from the power supply goes into the UPS

but how does a UPS affect the cameras?

because there is a difference in computer ups and cctv ups as the computer ups will cause those small jagged lines in picture. The ups for cctv will not.

because there is a difference in computer ups and cctv ups as the computer ups will cause those small jagged lines in picture. The ups for cctv will not.

damn i didnt even know that.. um can you point me to the right direction as in which UPS to choose from ? for CCTV? and where to buy them?

there is no specific brand of ups shoudl get but the thing to keep in mind is these two terms.

1. Square waveform

2. Sine waveform

Square wave form is used in the cheaper ups products. Mostly used for computer systems. This is probably the kind that you are using as it is prone to putting those lines through your pictures.

Sine Waveform is a more expensive output but does not get into your video. When you are looking for a ups specify that you are needing a sine waveform ups. It will cost more but just as the saying goes.

"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"

HOPE THAT HELPS

there is no specific brand of ups shoudl get but the thing to keep in mind is these two terms.

1. Square waveform

2. Sine waveform

Square wave form is used in the cheaper ups products. Mostly used for computer systems. This is probably the kind that you are using as it is prone to putting those lines through your pictures.

Sine Waveform is a more expensive output but does not get into your video. When you are looking for a ups specify that you are needing a sine waveform ups. It will cost more but just as the saying goes.

"YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"

HOPE THAT HELPS

thanks alot

another thing is that ... i spoke with rory and he HELPED A LOT... but im asking other people on the forums to.. are there other setting in the geovision software to change so i can get bette picture then?

well your problem right because ups with avr usually are not the cheapest line of ups available. And thats why you have not had any instances of the square wave form putting those lines in your pictures. But the basic ups do use square waveform and that is exactly the reason why he has those lines.

this off of the specs sheet from rorys post

OutputOutput Power Capacity 390 Watts / 650 VA Max Configurable Power 390 Watts / 650 VA Nominal Output Voltage 120V Waveform Type Stepped approximation to a sinewave Output Connections (4) NEMA 5-15R (Battery Backup)

(4) NEMA 5-15R (Surge Protection)

exactly why he has seen no lines. Because he uses sinewave output ups.

his main thing are the settings and the video card .. he has overlay disabled .. with Geo you get pixelised images in larger views when thats not enabled .. ..he needs to get a video card that supports overlay (and deinterlace) .. plus there are a couple other settings he needs to change .. cant get on Ultra VNC myself as they have no internet there yet though or id fix the other settings . ..

didnt know they come cheaper ..

that one costs us like $130 here in Nassau ... but we get a good price as they buy in bulk. ..and sell them like hotcakes due to our power issues here /...

I cant comment on the settings of his geo vision equipment. You will know way more than me on that. I just know that those wavy squiggly lines throughout most of the pictures is due to his ups. I have seen that many times.

LOL, we always use "computer" UPS' ..if there is such a thing ..

basically get a UPS with AVR built in .. <-AVR is the important part .... Triplite or APC ... AVR can also be called Power conditioning..

http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE650R&tab=models

alrigt rory .. how do you know if the UPS has AVR or power conditioning ...because the link that you gave doesnt say AVR or power conditioning anywhere

o yea btw .. i forgot to mention that before they put in the UPS the image qualty was the same..

didnt know they come cheaper ..

that one costs us like $130 here in Nassau ... but we get a good price as they buy in bulk. ..and sell them like hotcakes due to our power issues here /...

On June 10th I ordered this same/similar UPS unit from Dell... an APC ES 650VA 120V.

I just got it plugged in and it is charging at this time.

The order form, shown below, says the words, "Dell only".

I see NOTHING on the unit or installation instructions that refer to Dell specific ...... but ....

I see it refers to it as "Back-UPS DL650T", and your link is for a "Back-UPS BE650R".

Is this a unit made specifically for Dell, and are there many differences?

The only thing I've found so far is that your BE650R link shows that it includes, "CD with software, Free trial of anti-virus : firewall : email privacy : system recovery and online backup software, USB cable, User Manual, Wall-mounting template".

Dell's DL650T included only installation instructions, and phone cord.

Your BE650R mentions a USB cable.

Dell's DL650T has no place to plug in a USB cable.

What is the USB communications used for on the BE650R?

UPSorderDell.jpg

Hi here is the link to the GE test cameras. I am using PIII 833 128 MB on board video with 10GB hard drive.(this is a test machine only and not for deployment) The card used is GV650 with three cameras attached. With this low end the image are good with out any problem.

the link is http://getest.maredia.comand userid and password are ge.

experts in this forum can please give a critical review about the images

Hi here is the link to the GE test cameras. I am using PIII 833 128 MB on board video with 10GB hard drive.(this is a test machine only and not for deployment) The card used is GV650 with three cameras attached. With this low end the image are good with out any problem.

the link is http://getest.maredia.comand userid and password are ge.

experts in this forum can please give a critical review about the images

that actually looks great thrugh online... must llok great locally then..

also can you post a sample video?

btw what cameras did you use?

What cameras are they?

They look okay from this end ...daytime .. cam 3 looks like it doesnt have an ir cut filter but that maybe due to looking through the glass ..