Sign in to follow this  
jeromephone

dropped frames in geovision

I am experiencing a problem with a couple of different systems GV-800 and a 1480

I will be playing back a recorded video and a person walking across a parking lot will just dissappear usually right near the end of the clip

I have set a post record and a pre record and am using 8 frames as a max on motion detection. Is this a problem because of the shared frames ability with the other cameras or something else/ I do have all 16 camera slots filled and cameras are on motion.

I ran into a similar problem and this may or may not help you.

The problem I had was that a camera pointed down a long hallway.

The customer asked why, when reviewing video clips, the video would stop before the person/people would get to the far end of the hallway.

The problem was that by the time a person or two would get halfway down the hallway, they were too small for the geovision motion detection algorithm to detect. Moving the sensativity to 10 and lengthening the post record time solved the problem.

Sometimes if the people were walking slow, the video clip would still stop before they reached the end of the hall way - because the motion detection stopped picking them up at about the halfway point...beyond that it was all post-recording that would capture them and if they were walking slow, the post-record time would run out before they reached the end of the hall.