jeromephone

bullet resistant cameras

I have a potential customer who has need of some bullet resistant cams/enclosures. They want to position them in various "high Crime areas" Has anyone done this and what do you use for transmission back to police station? Not sure I posted this in the correct part of the forum

Nope, but did you get the cameras yet? Extreme Sells some though id like to know if there are any others out there ... (guess I could google but .. )

also, dont forget a simple paint gun can still defeat them, or use a wiper ..

I am sure genuises in this particular town would rather go to jail on felony firearms rather than be caught with only a paintball gun I will post any info I get after my Thurs meeting with the city officals

Looks like we are going to do a pilot project in one neighborhood I will have to use some type of "MESH Network" Anyone done that before?

ALso am still looking for some cheaper alternative to the deputy dome that is advertised as bullet resistant. Are their any mfgs who make housings for PTZs I have info on the box camera bullet resistant housings

Thanks

Check out the metal mickey range (same pan/tilts as used on the uk tv series Big Brother), they can be ballistic proof if need be. Probably pretty expensive though, they have been bought out by extreme cctv recently.

http://www.fvcctv.co.uk/

maybe I'm not thinking the same way, but, why not put in a camera as a decoy for the shooters and then cover that camera with a PTZ from a distance to catch the shooter. A nice sign that states "shoot here" next to the camera may even work.

I always hear about the painball guns but never actually seen any video or heard of camera's being painted?

also do a seach on the frum because I remember reading about a PTZ type camera that had audio built into it and when it heard gun shots it actually turned and looked in the direction of the shot. I believe Chicago was the City and the camera was working out well.